prologue//Expensive Red

Let the story begin!
the photo will make sense one you read the chapter ;)
- this book was started 20th Oct. 2014
✿ • ❀ • ✿

Sophia Mattson
Friday
"Sophia Mattson".

I stand and make my way up to the stage, hiding behind my long hair that resembles wet straw; blonde, straight and colourless.

I hastily grasp the graduation certificate and shake hands with my principal before taking my place in line.

I take a deep breath and sigh.

This is it.

After twelve long years of stress, exams, bleak hallways and heartbreak, I'm finally done with it.

"Jesse Mitchell"

I scowl as I hear his name.

I narrow my eyes as the perfect boy with a perfect family, perfect life and perfect reputation of breaking hearts walks up to the stage with ease.

The whole hall erupts in applause. I roll my eyes.

He is the total cliche package. Vice-captain of the football team, but not a dumb jock. Perfect grades and is fully aware of the affect he has on girls.

He isn't exactly a bad boy, he is actually sorta nice, once he deems you worthy of his time. He's just cocky and a player.

He has a different girl clinging to his arm and a different heart broken every week.

I watch him pass me, as he falls into line.

Even though I greatly despise him, I can't help but take in his looks.

From his ridiculously perfect eyebrows to his Nike sneakers that are probable worth more than my life, he is gorgeous.

I have never seen anyone like him and it annoys me because of the affect he has on not only me, but the entire female population of our grade.

I take in his completion.

His hair is pitch black, he has high cheekbones and tanned skin.

He has piercing green eyes that seem to swallow you whole, and full lips that make every girl drool.

He ruffles his hair with his hands, bringing up the hem of his t-shirt, and giving me a delicious peek of his perfect v-line.

It catches me checking him out and gives me that signature boyish smirk that makes my insides turn to goo.

I snap my gaze away and blush slightly. I really don't need to feed his ego.

It's big enough.

I almost fall asleep as I wait for the end of the ceremony.

I smile at my sister, Lacey. She is three years older than me, and looks like she belongs on the cover of Vogue magazine.

She is pretty, petite, and never gets in trouble. I wish I were more like her. She has a boyfriend, too.

Obviously.

✿ • ❀ • ✿

I find my family after the ceremony.

"Congratulations, kiddo." My dad covers me in a huge bear hug. He works away from home, so I don't see him very often.

He flew in yesterday to watch my graduation thing.

My mom and sister join him in praises and hugs.

I hear a high pitched scream a second too late, and a movement of red hair hair comes barreling into me.

"We did it we did it we did it we did it!" She screams in my face.

I can't help but laugh as she jumps around like a lunatic.

Abbi is my best friend of eight years.

She has a head full of red hair that refuses to be tamed, and an accent that has stayed with her since her family moved here from England.

"Derek is throwing a party tonight. We're going. Let's go. Now," she says in short bursts of energy.

I barley have enough time to wave to my family, telling them that I'll see them later.

We don't bother to stay for the rest of the ceremony.

No body likes us.

They say we're weird, and they're right.

Abbi drags me over to her cherry-red convertible, one that probably costs the same amount of money as my home.

You would never me able to tell just by looking at her, but once you see Abbi's house, you know that she is very wealthy.

Her room was the size or half my house, and they have their own grounds man, butler and chef.

Her mom is a multi-millionaire business woman, and owns a fashion magazine company, and her dad hit the jack pot when he started an oil business.

Even though she has everything handed to her with a silver spoon, she's down to earth and really nice.

She's into that weird, artsy indie vibe. I don't get it. What's so great about a colourful mess, or wiggly lines on a canvas?

We mostly hang out at her place because my house is busy being renovated, plus her's is really cool.

I marvel as I try to choose something to wear from Abbi's walk-in wardrobe.

She chooses a yellow sundress that does wonders to her shape, making it more elegant and stunning, matching it with silver stilettos.

I give up, flopping on her king sized bed covered with stuffed animals.

She interprets that as a signal of defeat, and starts rummaging through her closet to find something for me.

"You know, you're hopeless at deciding what to wear. I always forget why I'm even friends with you."

She turns around to look at my reaction, raising an eyebrow, and I poke my tough out at her.

Abbi has been given her mother's fashion forward gene, and finds something for me within a minute.

We are the same dress size, height and shoe size.
She reveals a black, strapless dress that I can see myself looking ridiculous in.

She would be the only one to pull it off.

"I'm not wearing that." I say blatantly.

She gives me a look, and two minutes later I stand in front of her floor length mirror, admiring the way the black dress makes my body bulge in all the right places.

Out of nowhere, shoes fly at me, and I just miss being smashed in the face.

I stare at the designer red peep-toe heels and slip them on my feet without complaining or saying a word.

Hope you liked it!! Stay tuned for chapter one <3