three//Burning Rubber

Hello my lovelies! A picture of what I imagine Monique to look like -Megan Fox. She's really pretty and looks badass, and you'll get to know the character a bit more in this chapter. She's probably my favourite character in the whole story. You'll see.
Enjoy! Don't forget to comment and vote! x

Jesse Mitchell
Sunday

I wake up late the next morning, sitting straight up, startled when I don't wake up in my own bedroom.

Then I remember.

After looking around the box filled room, I sigh and fall back onto the soft pillow.

I finally crawl out of my bed and take a hot shower, which is down the hall instead of though a door in my room.

I get busy with setting up my computer and big wall mounted flatscreen, which only just fits on the wall.

While sorting through a box of cables and remotes, I hear faint music coming from outside.

Looking up, I walk to the window and pull it open, which makes the music louder.

Through the open window -Sophia's window, I realise- in the house across from ours, I see her come out of a steaming bathroom in a pair of dark skinny jeans and a red top.

I see then, in the light of day, how pretty she really is.

I see the way she is careless but her footsteps are certain as she dances around the room.

I see her hair twirling with her as she spins around.

I watch as she leaps around that she has experience with dancing, and as she spins and jumps and twirls, I feel myself smiling broader and broader.

And then she stops dead, staring at me like a deer caught in headlights.

"What are you staring at?!"

Her sweet, careless smile turns into a ferocious scowl when her mind processes what I saw.

I smirk at her.

She's mistaken if she thinks she's intimidating me.

She walks over to the window and sets a pair of manicured hands on the windowsill.

"Why are you here? What are you doing in there?" She asks me.

I shrug my shoulders and her eyes narrow a bit.

"I live here." I tell her.

Her eyes widen again and I laugh at her adorable expression.

"You... why... isn't that house a bit small and boring for your liking? What happened to your big mansion?" She asks me with distaste in your voice.

My smile fades and I sigh, my playful banter gone.

"Why don't you like me?" I ask suddenly.

She looks taken back and she blinks.

Sophia looks away for a second and avoids my eyes.

When she looks back there is an unknown emotion in her eyes.

Sadness and something else.

"I've learned to stay away from guys like you. I know all your tricks and I know your games," she says in a sad voice.

She then closes the window without another word and draws the blinds.

I watch her silhouette walk away.

✿ • ❀ • ✿

I drive through the neighbourhood with all the windows down in my car, heading toward the little mall a few blocks from my new house.