Chapter 24: Just Treats

Sam

It's Friday night and we're going to a Halloween party at a bar in town.

We've been on the fence about going, especially today since Lia hasn't been feeling that great. The supplements are doing their job, she hasn't been properly sick for a few days, but that doesn't mean she's completely over all of the early pregnancy symptoms. She always comes home so exhausted after a day at work. I didn't think going to a crowded bar filled with drunk people would be her thing tonight, but apparently she still really wants to go.

"We have to! We have our costumes! And it'll be our last year going to party with actual adults!" she insists. "And booze!"

"You can't even drink," I point out.

"You can! You can get wasted for the both of us, baby," she grins.

So we're going because the wife says so. If you've been married for any period of time, you'll know that's how it always works.

I dress up as the big bad wolf. She's already wearing a little red dress when she sits me down at the kitchen table and paints my whole face a grayish brown. I found out our first Halloween together that my wife is really good at special effects makeup, and tonight she puts all of my other costumes to shame.

Through the magic of makeup, she turns my dusty blond stubble into thick, dark wolf fur that extends further up my cheeks. She does the same with my eyebrows and adds some fake fur to my hands, neck and the upper area of my chest that my costume won't be covering up. I also have some yellow contacts from Party City that look fucking awesome. The yellow fangs are a bit much. I doubt I'll be wearing them all night. The final touch is Little Red Riding Hood's blood all over my mouth and hands and clothes.

"This is bad-ass babe," I grin as I stare at myself in the mirror. "It beats the sexy pirate."

"I don't know... You look good with eyeliner," she tells me.

She finishes putting on her own costume. We've got some leftover scab blood so I help her create some pretty cool fake wounds on her face, neck and over her cleavage. Between the two of us, we look like we've been getting pretty wild with each other.

"You know, part of me is gonna miss the slutty costumes," I tell her as I wrap the red hood around her shoulders and fish her braid from between the fabrics.

"We'll have cute family costumes instead," she grins and adjusts the wisps of hair that frame her face. A few of the strands are matted together with dried fake blood. "Imagine all the adorable twin costumes! I'm so excited!"

"Which makes up for it," I grin back.

"Can you believe next Halloween we'll have five month olds?" she asks me.

"Two five month old wolf cubs," I reply, placing my furry hand over her rapidly expanding belly. She almost kisses me then, but seems to think better of it when I smile my bloody fanged smile at her.

"I'll kiss you later," she smiles flirtatiously.

"We better get going, before you make us late," I warn.

"Me?" she giggles.

"Oh yeah," I reply, waving pointedly at her outfit.

We drive to the bar. She'll be able to drive us back home later and it's a bit chilly, especially for her in that dress. Finding a parking space is a bit more difficult though since it looks like everybody in town over the age of twenty-one is here and ready to party.