Chapter Two

OK guys. So, I didn't figure out the cast on my last story, but I want to on this one, just to give you guys an idea of what they look like. Alright, so Tyrone will be played by Jeremy Sumpter, Samantha will be played by Abigail Breslin (Picture on the side) and Aiden will be played by Logan Lerman.

---

Aiden's POV

***

"You're going to need to pair up for this project." Mr. Croft instructed the class. I looked around at everyone, who was also looking around at their friends, smiling. "But, you'll need to pair up with someone who you wouldn't usually work with, so if you cant choose who you're working with, I'll be choosing for you." He added and everyone groaned.

I looked over at Sam, knowing that we wouldn't really work together. Usually, I'd pair up with a guy, and she a girl. Sure, since the start of our Sophomore year we'd become better friends and we'd been hanging out a lt more, but I'd hadn't been to her apartment since she'd moved in with her boyfriend. I'd never seen him either, all I knew that he was 25 and that his name was Tyrone, but she'd never told me his last name. She looked over at me and smiled slightly before looking back to the front of the classroom and then down at her desk.

"So no-one wants to choose their partners by the looks of it? C'mon guys, I thought you were past the stage of cliques." He said with a sigh, shaking his head slightly as he stood up from his desk. "Alright, boys on one side of the room, girls on the other." He said, pulling two plastic boxes out of the top drawer of his desk, each filled with small, folded pieces of paper. Presumably, one box with the girls names in, and one with the boys. "Alright. You're going to be paired up boy and girl." He said as he started pulling out names, one from the girls and then one from the boys.

I looked over at Sam again as he continued to read out names, until only a few of each gender were left. I noticed her look up at Mr. Croft numerous times, and a few of those, he looked back at her with a small smile. There were three names left in each box, and all three girls were pretty popular, and all three boys were either popular or almost up there at the top, so neither of the other two boys minded which of the three girls they got. However, I did. I didn't want to be stuck with either of the other two girls, I wanted to be partnered with Sam. I wanted to get to know her more, and for her to get to know me better, hopefully make her realise that I wasn't a complete jerk.

Mr. Croft pulled out a name from the girls box and unfolded it, looking up at the three girls as he read out "Samantha Corey". He looked back down at the two boxes after he'd said it, and then picked a name from the boys box. He hesitated before unfolding it, glancing up at Sam before he looked over at the three boys at the other side of the room. "Aiden Carter." He said, seeming slightly irritated.

I looked over at Sam with a smile, tilting my head before I walked to my desk and picked up my belongings before sitting at the desk next to Sam's, looking down at her as I sat next to her.

"Hey." She said, giving me a small wave, which I returned.

He paired up the other four students and waited for them to sit down before explaining the project.

"Alright. You're going to be choosing your own book or topic between your pairs and writing a long presentation on it. The presentation has to be at least ten minutes long and you should have equal parts. Make it so other students are able to follow along easily and are able to learn something from your presentation. You will have no time in class to work on this project, so you'll have to meet up outside of school hours to complete this task." Mr. Croft explained, glancing up at the clock as soon as he'd finished. "Class dismissed." I said flatly as he sat back down at his desk.