Chapter 8

Laura's POV

It's happening.

I am about to go last minute prom dress shopping with Ashlee and Ella.

*BEEP* *BEEP*

Shit they're here.

I take one last look into the mirror and double check my outfit for today. Floral crop top with maroon skinny jeans and black ballet flats.

I lock the front door and head out to Ella's Mazda.

"Hey girlies!" I chirp.

"Hey sis!" they squeak in unison.

"So do either of you guys have dresses yet or not?" I ask

"Yes" Ashlee says at the same time Ella says "No"

"Okay then" I laugh.

Within half an hour we have pulled up to the plaza and have entered the doors.

"Wow. It's so empty!" Ash whispers.

"Well duh its like 9:30am!" Ella whispers back.

We walk into a bridal and formalwear shop and smell the disgusting scent of musty old clothes.

Ella immediately falls in love with a baby pink dress that has acrylic diamonds scattered along the middle of the dress and has ruffles along the bottom.

"It's so pretty!" Ella squeaks

"Then here's a thought; go get your ass in the dressing room and try it on!" Ash sarcastically remarks.

"Fine" Ella mutters

A few minutes later Ella has exited the dressing room and is showing us the dress.

I say nothing. I am basically just gawking at my best friend.

"Holy shit!" Ash screeches

"I know right!" Ella beams.

"Go take it off and we'll go pay for it!" I order.

We leave that musty old shop and find a really fancy-pantsy one.

There it is.

The dress I could see myself in.

The dress that is absolutely stunning.

It is a turquoise floor length dress with diamonds covering the breast and back.

The girls turn around noticing what I'm staring at.

"Oh my god" Ashlee gushed.

"Get it!" Ella beams.

Well I think that's what she said because I already entered the shop and barged to the counter.

"How much for the turquoise dress in the window?" I pant to the lady behind the overly decorated counter.

"$449.99" she flatly answers.

What. The. Hell?!

$450 for a dress that I'll wear once. I am just about to cuss her out when Ashlee and Ella burst through the door as if this is a private conversation.

"Harry's here!" they squeal.

"What?! He can't see my dress!" I yell.

"What the.. Your going with Harry Styles to senior prom and you didn't even tell us?!" Ella bursts.

"Yeah." I sheepishly mutter.

"Hello ladies I don't mean to interrupt or anything but are you buying the $450 turquoise dress or not?" the lady rudely asks.