Chapter 12: Frank

The remainder of the seven gathered in the Mess Hall for a meeting.

"Where's Hazel?" Frank asked. Everybody shrugged just as a scream was heard down the hall.

"HAZEL!" It yelled. Everybody was silent. Jason's face paled as he asked "Leo?"

The seven bolted down the hall. Frank's hand was on the doorknob as he listened. He heard sobbing behind the door. Frank looked at his friends and they nodded, telling him to open the door. He opened the door to find Leo holding Hazel's hand and his stomach.

Frank rushed forward and held Hazel in his arms. He listened for her breathing; he couldn't hear it. He held her wrist and felt for a pulse. There wasn't one. He looked up at his friends and shook his head, tears forming in his eyes. Frank buried his face into her shoulders and started to bawl. All Frank wanted was to be able to see her bright eyes once more, to feel her heart beat once more, to tell her that he loved her once more.

"What happened?" Percy asked whilst tears stained his cheek. He was biting his lip to keep from bawling. Percy and Hazel were like brother and sister; they had a relationship very similar to Leo and Piper. Leo said "I-I was at judgement and there was this bright light and then-then I was here. I think-I think that she traded places with me." with that, Frank started to bawl harder. Hazel, his brave, beautiful Hazel. She would rather herself die than Leo. She was so heroic and courageous and kind. "Once I got here, her-her skin was whitening and her breathing was becoming labored. She said your name, Frank, before she-" Leo cut himself off by crying. Hazel's last word was his name. Frank clutched her harder, feeling his shoulder's shake.

Her hair fell behind her as her head hung backwards loosely. Her arms were hanging loosely by her side and legs were limp in his arms. He held her in a princess position. She was his princess and he was her knight in shining armor, but in this fairytale, there was no happy ending. Frank looked up at the others.

Annabeth and Percy were hugging and crying. Jason's arm was slung over Piper's shoulder as she covered her face from crying. Silent tears streamed down Jason's face. Jason stopped crying and his eyes widened. He looked at Percy and said "Nico." Percy and Annabeth stopped hugging for a moment and looked at Jason, their eyes wide with an unreadable expression.

Nico's sister, Bianca, already died, now Hazel, too. Leo yelped in pain, clutching his stomach. Percy picked Leo up and rushed to the infirmary with Annabeth hot on his tail. Piper said "She was so brave." and shook her head. Frank looked down at Hazel's face. He held her head in his hand. With his other hand, he wiped the hair out of her eyes. Jason knelt in front of him and shakily said "I'll take her to her room."

Frank nodded, giving Hazel to Jason. Frank watched as Jason exited the room. Piper helped Frank onto the bed. They sat next to each other in silence. He didn't know her that well, but Hazel and her were like best friends. He looked at Piper, her eyes always changed color. For an instant, her eyes were the same gold color as Hazel's, but they quickly changed to brown. Piper's lip trembled and she pulled him in for a hug.

He tightly hugged her back. Frank appreciated this. Piper and Frank didn't know each other well, not at all actually. Frank started to cry into her shoulder. Piper was a good friend to Hazel, and Frank was grateful to her for that. Hazel had a hard time making friends because she was not of the same time period as everybody else, but Piper had reached out to her.

"Thank you." Frank said as him and Piper stopped hugging and crying. "What for?" She asked.

"Being her friend. Being there for her. Everything. You were her best friend, you know." Frank said. She smiled softly and said "Oh, no problem. You know, she always asked me what she should do with you. She thought that since I was a daughter of Aphrodite, I could help her with her relationship."

Frank chuckled softly. Then a thought occured, "What do I do now?" Frank asked her. He looked into her eyes, waiting for them to turn the same shade as Hazel's once were. Piper looked at him and said nothing for a moment. She pursed her lips and thought. Hazel did that when she thought as well. These two had so many similar traits, Frank could tell why they were such good friends.

Her eyes turned the same shade as Hazel's. He wanted her eyes to stay that color. The color was beautiful and reassuring; he always thought that it meant that Hazel would always be there. Her eyes changed to a sea-green, the same color as Percy's. Speaking of Percy, Frank heard Percy walk outside Leo's door.

"Annabeth, what-what do I do?" Percy asked her.

"I don't know Seaweed Brain." Annabeth said.

Percy started to sob. There was a door slammed outside Leo's room; Percy probably went to his room with Annabeth. "She wouldn't want you to mourn over her, Frank." Piper started "She would want you to use this anger against Gaea. Kill her for Hazel. Make her sorry she ever messed with us. She killed my dad and your girlfriend, indirectly, but still. Us working together to kill her, all of that rage, we could kill her. I'm sure of it. You're a strong guy Frank, fight for her. Avenge her, I guess."

Frank gave her a small smile. She was a good motivational speaker, just like Hazel. He stood up and said "I'm going to my room. Thanks, Piper."

Piper gave him a small smile and nodded. Frank went into his room and slammed the door. He plopped down on his bed. Was his window opened? It was windy in his room so it must be. Frank sat up and started towards the window. It was closed.

Frank raised an eyebrow and thought 'There must be someone in here.' Frank took his sword out and said "Hello?" No answer. Frank wasn't great with his sword, but he was good enough.

He took a deep breath and turned around. There was a golden sword held at his throat by a certain son of Jupiter.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!sorry again!!

i think i am getting better with these cliffies what do you think??

what do you guys think: IS IT JASON? if it is, has Jason turned sides, is he being possesed, is he just trying to scare Frank, or something else?? answer in the comments!!!!!!!

597 reads/views?!?!?!?!??!!!!!!!!! WHAT IS AIR?! WHAT IS LIFE? Thanks so much guys!!!!!!
keep liking, voting, and commenting!!!!!! i appreciate it!

CHECK OUT THE VIDEO THAT I TAGGED!!!!!!! "Not About Angels" By Birdy is such a beautiful song.

its from TFIOS, but I think it sort of goes with the mood of this chapter...

THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! 600 views/reads is my new goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! more is always good, but i am shooting for 600!!! 3 views, we can do it guys!!

~camp_hero