Chapter 26: Annabeth

"We don't know what happened, it just appeared here this morning." Annabeth quickly explained.

Jason set Katropis down on the table gently and stared longingly at it. Annabeth knew how it felt to loose someone you love, she lost Percy for almost a year.

Frank said "Guys, I had a dream last night." All eyes went to Frank as he told his dream about Piper and Reyna. Annabeth watched as Jason's face fell and his expression changed from one of hope to pure despair.

She felt bad for him. He had to sit helplessly as he sailed to see his girlfriend probably possessed and beaten. At least Percy wasn't possessed or beaten at the timer hat they reunited, that would have been awful.

Jason closed his eyes, shook his head and walked upstairs. Frank looked guilty. Annabeth quickly said "You had to tell us."

Frank smiled slightly but then it dropped. Something was troubling him. It was probably the dream he had, so she let it go. They sat in silence for a little while, not knowing what to say. The Hunter's had camped out where the Athena Parthenos used to be, and they were sleeping in late.

The alarm bells went off and the crew rushed upstairs. They were faced with a very familiar sea monster. It was the shrimpzilla.

Annabeth unsheathed her dagger and attacked the monster alongside the others. Leo rushed to the control room and came out with a box of Greek fire. They each grabbed a jar of Greek fire and Percy yelled "ONE.....TWO......THREE.......FIRE!" and they all threw their fire at the beast.

The beast screamed in outrage and exploded into golden ichor. Annabeth looked around at the crew. They were all a bit banged up, a few cuts and new bruises, but they would be healed in no time. There was one person that Annabeth was worried about.

Frank was still hacking at an invisible monster. The crew glanced at each other with worried and nervous expressions on there faces. "Frank?" Hazel asked.

Frank didn't stop hacking at the air until Percy yelled "FRANK!" Frank stopped abruptly. He turned to face Percy, still looking ready to attack.

Percy shot Annabeth a look that said 'Help me out here.'

Annabeth rolled her eyes at her boyfriend and said "Frank, put the sword down." He hesitantly dropped the sword. "Now your bow and arrows." Annabeth continued. He dropped those as well.

Frank strode over to Annabeth and cocked his head to the side. Annabeth raised her eyebrow at him. "What's wrong?" She asked.

He transformed into a black bear and roared in her face. Frank needed to brush his teeth because his breath smelled nasty.

Annabeth's hair was blown out of her face by the force of his roar, but she stood still anyways. Annabeth closed her eyes and then reopened them once Frank was done with his roar. They were inches apart.

Annabeth took a deep breath and said "Frank...just become a human again and then we can talk, okay?"

Frank roared loudly in response. He tried to claw her face, but she ducked just in time. Percy jumped onto him and pinned him to the ground. Even though Frank was a three-hundred pound bear, Percy kept him there. Nothing could stop a mad Percy Jackson.

Frank changed back into human form. The rest of the crew huddled around them. "What the Hades is wrong with you, Frank? Why did you just try to kill Annabeth?" Jason asked.

Frank stared at them, not saying a word. Hazel sucked in a breath and then whispered "You didn't."

Frank kept a straight face. Annabeth knew what Hazel was implying. Had Frank joined Gaea?