Chapter 8: Friday

Chapter 8: Friday

They spent the night together. Caressing, embracing, loving each other until morning. It was an unfamiliar love that neither of them have ever felt before. The morning came and Norman had snuck back to his room when Andrew texted him asking about his absence. Claiming to have felt sick all Thursday, no one had guessed that truly, it was time spent with Emily.

The women had also bombarded Emily with numerous questions, all leading Emily back to "not feeling well". Now in the heat of her room, Emily truly doesn't feel well as she prepares to get ready for the concert tonight. Stomach turning and legs weak, she feels herself caving in on the rest of her. But why should she be nervous? She performs all the time, has great fans, and now has Norman to support her. Yet deep in herself, she fears the worst of this relationship. She fears an end like Helena or like all her previous men- abuse of some sort.

A knock on the door pulls Emily from future judgement.

"Hey! Still not feeling good?" Melissa steps in and Emily plays hostess to guest.

"Oh ya know, stage hitters mixed with food poisoning. Can I get you something to eat or drink?"

"Oh no dear, I'm fine. We missed you yesterday. We all took a walk to go shopping and had dinner at Dave and Busters. It was a hoot." Melissa sits down as Em does her hair and searches for an outfit.

"Oh I know Norman loves that place! Did he win a big prize this time? Last time he only got a jumbo pen..." She knows the truth about Norman, but plays the oblivious card.

"Oh no Em. He's also been feeling sick. Hasn't left his room since Wednesday night."

"Is he okay?" She turns and makes a concerned face and raises her tone just above worried.

"Yeah. He's just relaxing now. Andy and Steven are gonna see if he wants to go to the pool to swim before the concert tonight." Melissa gets up and picks out a cute lacy knit strapless dress and cowboy boots for Emily to where. "I think this'll look so cute on you. With yer hair in a loose side pony tail and yer hair curled."

"Oh thank you. I hate picking out show close. Wish I had a wardrobe lady like on set."

"Haha yep. Getting dressed is the hardest thing in life most of the time." Melissa steps back toward the door and opens it up. "Can't wait to see the show tonight. Yer gonna kill it."

"Thanks." Emily calls just before Melissa closes the door behind her.

Over in Norman's suite, Andy and Steve have made themselves comfortable on the couch as they fervently persuade Norman to come swimming.

"Guys, I just think I'm gonna hang here. I don't really feel well. Sides, I thought you guys were taking Chad and Cudlitz to that strip club up town before the show."

"I mean yeah, but aren't you gonna come?" Andy laughs at the ridiculous discern in Norman's voice.

"No."

"No? What do you mean no. It was your idea. You have to come." Andy is too persistent, but Norman feels against the whole thing now that he and Emily are together.

"I just don't want to go any more. There's really nothing you can say to suede me either way." Pulling on his pants and head toward the kitchen shirtless, a knock on his dirt stops him. "Hello? Emily..."

"Hi, Norman." She gets closer and whispers to him. "Are they here?"

"Want to come in and say hi to Andy and Steve?" He by passes her question.

"Oh, I just stopped by to see how you were doing cause Melissa told me you aren't feeling well." Leaning closer again, "I wanted to see if you'd do lunch today at Carlton's?"