Chapter 1: Starting Out

It was merely flirtation. A line in the water of publicity. Then something changed. Norman has yet to figure out was it is. Sure it may have been all those late days on set. Maybe it was the jokes at Comic Cons and Paleyfest that got him twisted on her. Or all the flirtatious photos, that at the time, were just pure messing around. But whatever it was, the pictures or outings, his new found attachment of being close to the young actress, was getting harder and harder to separate publicity feels from real life ones.

He never really meant to feel something for Emily Kinney... other than friendship. But who could deny her beauty and sexiness? He surely couldn't. Sure he dated models... usually. All much younger than she to be exact. Right now, in his home in L.A Cecilia is 20 and waiting in on him to share a bath. Emily is 28 so that's better in range. Isn't it? Maybe it's his old ways getting him hopped up on Emily. She's gorgeous and very kind. Who wouldn't love her, even in a totally platonic kind of way?

"Norman! Are you coming? Yer not getting any younger!"

"Yeah, I'll be right in C." God how he hates when she says that. Ain't getting any younger. Huh. Well it's not his choice to be 45.

He can't help but glance at an Instagram picture of him and Emily hiding their mouths. It was for a joke for Season 4 of The Walking Dead, but he actually had kissed her in that picture. Part of the reason why her eyes are so wide. He really shouldn't have, but her lips that day, okay everyday, were a beckon of lust he wanted to taste.

And how many times had she talked about him in interviews, saying he's actually really sweet and blah blah blah. Her glances she gives him, the small touches, the big touches, her laughs, everything. Is she sending him signs or is he purely playing with fictionous gestures of hope?

"You took way too long Grandpa. I'm already done. I have a show tonight, so I probably will get back late..."

Here's his chance. To find out what Emily is or could be. He just has to leap.

"On second thought, don't." He boldly says. He never likes to fight with the women that keep him company. Surely, even if it wasn't just for publicity or his money. He doesn't like being mean spirited... unless he's acting.

"What? Excuse me?" Norman stands his ground as Cecilia becomes more irritated.

"You heard me. I'm done being called old, or grandpa, or anything else that signifies my age." He pauses for dramatics. "Yeah that's right. If you truly loved me like you said you did, you wouldn't be hurtful. Or a money grabber. Now get out! I'll send your shit to the modeling agency." He walks over to his bathroom, stark naked, and gives her a final hmph, before walking in.

"Whatever, I have better people to bone anyway. Yer all washed up Norman!" She slams the bedroom door behind her and he sinks to the bathroom floor. Who knew being a jerk could take so much energy out of you.

On the opposite side of the US, in New York City, Emily is also going through strong bouts herself.

"Why are you being such a jerk!" Boyfriends. They only fuck you over so much, before they leave. She sits on her couch, angry and upset. Dylan, her recent mistake in the male population is once again making a big deal over nothing.

"I've seen the clips! Emily! Yer fawning all over that old piece of shit! And the photos?! Lenses don't lie."

"It's Norman! We're good friends! We work together! It's nothing more than that!" Or is it. She can't help but think of all those chaste kisses he's given her. She's given him a few too, but isn't that what friends do when they see each other. "This isn't about Norman! So don't change the subject! I saw you with that woman at the bar! You were all over her! What about that Dylan!"