Where it all Began

Emily POV

After Ali and I began dating, we didn't tell anyone because of the fact that A is still out there and would no doubt try to hurt their relationship. They would meet in secret and have secret meeting and nobody knew about them. They always knew that they loved each other but never actually thought they would date. Everything was running smoothly until the girls got suspicious. Spencer, of course, sensed something different about us. We would sit a little closer together, go to the bathroom at the same time, and exchange glances once in a while. At lunch one day, Spencer texted me and told me to go to the bathroom and that she needed to talk to me. I went not knowing why she only wanted to talk to me but then it hit me, What if she knew? I started to mentally break down because whenever I told anybody something, A would find out shortly after. I always knew someone would find out and somewhere deep down, I knew it was going to be Spencer. When I reached the bathroom, Spencer was there waiting for me. I looked her in the eye and I could tell she knew there was something going on. I quickly texted Ali and said, If someone finds out about us, do I deny it or tell them? She texts back almost immediately and says, Who knows!? I tell her that I think Spencer does and she says just to tell her. Spencer is like a human lie detector and she always knew when I was lying. Spencer says "What's going on with you and Ali, something's up." she asks me with a bit of a glare when she finishes. I mentally tell myself not to tell her but my heart says to and I decide it would be best just to tell her the truth. She would find out anyway. I say, You may not like this and you can't tell ANYONE! I say rather loudly. I ask her if she knows I'm gay and she shakes her head yes. Like I said, Spencer knows everything, then again, she's a Hastings. She knows I'm gay which means this might be a tiny but easier. "Spence, Ali and I are t-" I was cut off by Ali walking in the door. I take her hand and finish my sentence. "Spence, Ali and I are together!" I say with a giant smile. Spencer gives a small smile but then it leaves as a stall door opens. "Oh, Hello ladies" my smile turns into a frown and I look towards Ali. Her eyes are watering. I ask her what she heard and she just smiles and walks out the door.