Spill

Emily POV

When I walked in, the girls stopped talking and glared at me. Well, mostly Spencer but still. "Spill." Aria says. I ask them what's going on and Hanna hands me her phone. "What is this?" She asks coldly. I take the phone and click on the attached video. It is a video first showing Madeline splashing in the pool but then the camera moves from Madeline, to Ali. She's talking to somebody on the phone. Oh my god!, she's talking to me. I X out of the video and read the text. It reads, Better ask Em what she's hiding, she might know something big. Kisses -A

Hanna tells me to watch the end of the video and I do as I'm told. At the very end of the video, Ali says, Bye Em, I love you.

All of a sudden I burst into tears and the girls bombard me with questions. I didn't know which ones to answer so I just said, "Let me explain and if I don't answer your question then you can ask it." They all just stare at me so I continue. "When I was coming home a few days ago, I got a text. The text was from Ali saying that she wanted to meet me and tell me everything. He said she was going to send someone and gave me the name I was supposed to ask him an if he responded then I was to I with him and do what he said. He took me right outside of Rosewood, to Ravenswood, and I met Ali. She explained why she left and what happened to her along the way and I stayed with her for a few days. That's where I was really. I didn't go shopping I visited Ali. She's alive." I decided to leave out Madeline for now and is tell them about her later. "Oh I just want to let you know, and you don't have to support it, Ali and I are officially dating. She is going to come back as soon as we find out who A is." When I finish and look up, they are all crying. I'm not exactly sure why but I think it's because they found out their best friend isn't really dead. That's why I would cry at least. Nobody speaks for a while until Aria breaks the silence. "Congratulations Em. You and Ali I mean." "Thank you Aria." "I support you as well!" Hanna says with a small smile. Spencer just stays silent. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you the truth but Ali told me not to yet and I didn't think I should. A could overhear and go after her but now I guess he, she, it knows already." They all stay silent once again and I'm about to say something else when Spencer stands up and yells, "How do we know that Ali isn't just going to hurt you again?! That she's lying and doesn't love you!" And with this she storms out of the house. I am upset by this so I head back up to my room and lay on my bed. Hanna and Aria follow and sit on my study chairs. There is an awkward silence until a thought hits me. "Guys do you believe me?" "Yeah why wouldn't we?" Aria asks. "Well Spencer obviously doesn't so I wasn't sure if you guys did." "No Spencer just never trusted Ali and her true feelings towards you." Hanna said. "Wait you knew that she loved me and you never said anything?" "She made us swear we would tell a soul!" Hanna said putting her hands in the air. I was upset but I kinda understood. I changed the subject. "Hey do you want me to call her?" I ask. "Who?" Hanna asks. "Ali, duh." "YES!!!" They yell In unison. "One of you call Spencer and get her back here while I go get the phone she gave me. I get up to go get the phone while Aria calls Spencer to come back over. She doesn't live far so by the time I'm back with the phone from it's hiding spot, Spencer is pulling up. She comes through the front door and straight up the steps. I follow her and I close and lock the door behind me. I close the windows and pull the shades. The girls are looking at me like I'm a lunatic but I don't want anybody else to find out. We sit in a circle on my bed and I dial Ali's phone number on the phone and put it on speaker phone for everyone to hear. After two rings she picks up and I can hear Madeline in the background jumping on the bed. "Hey babe!" she yells into the phone. "Hey um I need to talk to you about something and I don't want Madeline there to listen okay?" The girls look at me confused but Ali gets Madeline out of the room and comes back to the phone. I take it off speaker phone and put the phone up to my ear. The girls are silently telling me to put it back but I just close my eyes and focus on the phone. "Ali, the girls know. So does A." The other end goes silent and I feel like she just passed out or something. "Ali?" I ask. "I'm here. Are the girls with you?" "Yes they're right here." I say putting it back on speaker phone. "Do they know everything? She says putting an emphasis on everything. "Well they don't know who Madeline is yet or anything about you really just that we are dating and you're alive." She chuckles slightly and begins telling about her past year and about Madeline. I smile while she's explaining and think to myself, If A knows where Ali is and everything about her new life, why can't she come home? "Ali!" I interrupt and she stops talking. "I was just thinking that since A knows about your new life, you could come home!" The girls agree with me and Ali goes silent.