Chapter 4 ~ Silence

Yukio's POV ~ Dormitories

I rush inside and up the stairs towards the roof, my cram school students following closely behind.

"Sensei! What's wrong with Rin!?" Shiemi cries. She has always been sensitive, especially around Rin, since he was her first friend. I can't possibly fathom the thought of how she will react when we find him.

"I- you'll understand soon." I reply vaguely, raising more questions from the class.

"Sensei, what's wrong with Rin!?" Bon shouts. Even he, Rin's main attacker, is worried. That's saying something.

Once we reach the roof, I hear a gunshot from behind the door. I slam open the door to the roof, and the scene before me is absolutely awful.

There lays my trunk, open and missing seven of its blades, just like the spirit said. But, one of my pistols is missing as well.

Next to it are Rin's backpack, blazer, and shoes. I cry out in absolute agony at the sight I'm faced with. Tears stream down my face in a similar fashion to a waterfall as I rush to the edge of the roof. As I look over the edge I have to restrain myself from vomiting.

My brother, dead on the ground, with almost every bone broken and multiple knives protruding from his corpse, lying in a pool of blood.

The others cautiously approach and regret doing so instantly. Shiemi lets out a blood-curdling scream as she drops to her knees. The rest cover their mouths to prevent themselves from vomiting.

"RIN!" I cry with every ounce of strength in my body. I collapse to the floor, my body shaking uncontrollably.

I can't believe he's actually gone...