Chapter 6 ~ Truly Gone

Koneko's P.O.V.

Rin couldn't have done this. He's a demon, for Assiah's sake! He wouldn't have these feelings! But... it strangely feels like something he would do...

As Shiemi hands me an envelope, I notice tears streaming down her face. I unwrap the envelope and see a neatly folded letter inside. Rin even took the time to write my name in legible handwriting.

This... feels too real...

Izumo's P.O.V.

I... I can't believe this! Rin is gone forever!

I grasp the letter in my hands as I read the first sentence.

Dear Izumo,

I'm sorry if I hurt you doing this, but it's not like anyone would care right? I just want you to know that I enjoyed every moment we, as a group, had together. Well, all the good ones, anyway.

Please take care of Shiemi and help her make friends. She really sucks at talking to people haha.

I hope that I took a weight off of your shoulders by doing this.

I care about you a lot, and I hope that you are able to achieve great things now that I'm not here to be a burden on you.

I wish to see you again someday. You and Shiemi were the least mean to me.

~ Rin

I cup a hand to my face to prevent tears from staining the paper. Is this really what he thought of himself!? We were all so horrible to him, and now we've paid the price. But the price was much more than money. It was our friend's life.