Chapter 13

I jolt up in my bed to a horrible sound

"Alex whats going on?" I scream over the loud ringing of the fire alarm. I know this was a bad idea, but I quickly grabbed a bag and put my MacBook, camera, phone, charger, a few other important things, and my wallet . It's dumb, I know, but it's super important considering my job is filming videos and gaming. I grab the bag and find a safe way to run out of the house behind Alex. As we run downstairs I notice light flaring from my kitchen. The candle. I forgot to blow it out last night. Ugh I'm so dumb sometimes. We run out the front door to immediately be greeted by freezing cold air. I hug myself in Elijah's hoodie that Im still wearing from yesterday. Alex quickly picks up his phone and calls 911. The flames start to rise and spread throughout the house. Some People in my neighborhood come outside and watch what's happening. I look at my house in horror as it goes up in flames. Within 5 minutes I hear sirens approaching my street. I sit on the curb next to Alex, and he hugs me.

"What am I going to do?" I murmur, holding my head in my hands. Not only did I lose all my stuff but my WHOLE HOUSE!

"MY GAMING SETUP" I cry into Alex's shoulder. He rubs my back, comforting me. I sit and watch as the firefighters put out the huge fire. I'm definitely not going to be able to live there anytime soon.

"You can stay at the pals house tonight" Alex says after we talk to the police and start to walk to his car. I nod my head and frown as I put on the seatbelt. I look out the window into the darkness as Alex drives. Don't you just love waking up at 2 am to your house going up in flames? My eyes start to get heavy and I end up falling asleep in the car.