chapter 6

How do sociopaths become sociopaths? Well, there could be many different things that occur that could have caused this but one poplar reason is trauma. Traumatizing things that occur at certain points in someone's life may affect their emotions. Some may even cut off complete sense of emotions and not be able to feel anything for that fact. Examples of traumas could be from losses of loved ones to accidents and horrifying experiences. It must be reminded that all sociopaths are not the same. It's a very confusing thing to explain because some are able to feel, they just can't express it. They don't know how to.

That's kind of sad. Because of traumas that occur in someone's life they cut off feelings? That must really suck. I find it interesting how that can happen though. Jeez maybe Elijah really is a sociopath he literally has a bunch of these symptoms. The trauma part could be his mom. What am I thinking? I would know if he was a sociopath... right? Ugh whatever. I roll my chair away from my desk and a wave of relief hits me. I'm finally done my essay. I share the document with my professor and delete that tab off my computer for good. I walk over to my bed and sit down, opening my phone. I got 3 texts from Elijah and a missed FaceTime call from Ethan. Weird. I call back Ethan and wait for his face to appear on the screen while the connecting button loads.

"Heyyyy" I put my face close to the camera making him laugh.

"Holaaaa" He replies doing the same to his face. We both laugh and continue to talk. Ethan and I were really close too. It started out with Sketch becoming friends with sub way back when we were younger. Sub and I became friends a year later and that's when I met Ethan and Elijah. Sub was always closer to Elijah which was probably why I was closer to Ethan in a way.

"So what's up?" I ask after we both stop laughing.

"I wanted to know if you would help film a video for my bandi channel with Elijah and I" He asks and I nod in agreement.

"We're playing fall flat" He says while i load my computer and open up the game.

"Hang up the FaceTime and I'll get on the discord" I say as I start a call with the twins and continue to join them in the game.

"Hey" Elijah says we all fall into the game and Ethan starts record. Ethan does his intro and all you see in the background is Elijah's character and my character trying to push eachother off the edge of the game.

"Ahhhhhhh" Elijah screams into his mic making my ears ring.

"What the frick Elijahhhh" I whine even louder into my mic just to piss him off.

"STOPPPP" Ethan screams into his mic making Elijah and I go completely silent. He laughs and we all continue to play.

"You shall follow me and we will pass through here" my character wobbles to this partially open door while holding this giant stick thing. As I try opening the door using the stick as a lever I see Elijah and Ethan characters stumble towards me and try to help.

"We did ittttt" Ethan says after we finally get it open.

"Dude its the first obstacle I wouldn't get too surprised" I laugh and Ethan just plays it off cool. We get through about 6 obstacle within an hour.

"This isn't taking as long as it usually does" I say surprised at the fact that we are pretty far into the game in this little time.

"Probably because we play it all the time" Elijah says in an un-amused tone. I listen as Ethan does his outro and we all exit the game and just talk on the call.

"Well that was fun. Now i have to stay up all night editing." Ethan laughs and jokingly pouts. "Bye y/n. Bye Elijah" Ethan say and I smile and wave as he leaves.

"Hey did you get my messages" Elijah asks and i stop spinning in my chair.

"Oh yea i forgot to open them. What did you want?" I ask and he looks down.

"I wanted to know if I could read your essay" He looks up at me with a straight face.

"Um sure? What for? You know its 10 pages right?" I look at him in disbelief.

"I'm just researching. Um..my friend. I have suspicions and I wanted to see the signs of a sociopath..for him" Elijah blurts out. I slowly nod my head still confused.

"I just forwarded it to you." I say slowly. He nods and slightly smiles.

"Bye elijah" I hang up after he says goodbye and looks back at the computer, probably reading my essay. I brush it off and go to film a video for tomorrow.