iii.

WINNIE STARED BLANKLY AT THE WALL IN FRONT OF HER, Daniel's arm around her shoulders

WINNIE STARED BLANKLY AT THE WALL IN FRONT OF HER, Daniel's arm around her shoulders. The ride was silent. She didn't even bother asking where they were driving to. She didn't care. She just wanted to reverse time, get the handcuff key herself. She wouldn't have dropped it. She wouldn't have left Merle to rot away on that roof, even if it's what he deserved.

"We're here." Morales said, breaking the silence. Everyone stood up, besides Winnie. Andrea opened the door quickly and hopped out, Jacqui and T-Dog following.

"Come on, don't make me meet new people alone." He said, a small smile tugging at her lips. He held his hand out and she took it, pulling herself up. "Let's go party Pooh."

"With what refreshments? Lake water?" She teased while they hopped out of the truck. "Oh, don't forget the random dead squirrel you can find!" He wrapped his arm around her shoulder as they rounded the corner. She was met with the sight of all different reunions: sisters, parents, spouses, and best friends. It was bittersweet, but there was nothing bitter about Rick holding his son and walking to his wife. She smiled, happy that he found them. He was a good man, from what she knew of him. Despite him handcuffing her brother. She knew it needed to be done, but if he hadn't, Merle would be here. However, if he hadn't, they may not have made it out alive.

Winnie looked around their camp, surprised by the diversity of the people. Not just ethnicity, but age. More than that, one man caught her eye. She squinted her eyes and tilted her head before she gasped. "Daryl?" She called out and the man looked up from his crossbow. A smile grew on her face. "Holy shit."

She dropped her bag and jogged over to him, hugging him tightly. She smiled widely, closing her eyes. He returned the hug, his arms wrapped tightly around her lower back. "I was so scared you died Daryl. Oh my god, you're alive."

"I am Pooh, I am." He whispered, not letting her go. "I knew you could handle yourself, even before."

"Well, she couldn't have survived without Prince Charming here." Daniel piped in, crossing his arms. Daryl and Winnie pulled away with a chuckle. "What? It is the total truth."

"Hey dude." Daryl said, hugging him before pulling away. "Thanks. For being there for her."

"Well, it was her or the walkers." Daniel jokes, nudging her. She rolls her eyes playfully and slaps his shoulder. "What? You slightly beat them out. Think it was the personality." Winnie chuckled before looking back at Daryl. She hugged him again with a smile.

"I'm going out hunting, joinin'?" He asks the two after pulling away from the embrace. Winnie shook her head and smiled softly.

"If I'm being honest, I need to chill for a minute. We've been hunting than this shit show happened." Winnie sighed. Daryl put a hand on her shoulder and squeezed it before walking off towards the woods.