There He Is (sad)

I look over my shoulder.

There he stands. Dressed in a navy-blue suit, bringing butterflies to my chest. I let out a deep breath and smile. He looks up at me and grins. The smile that I fell in love with.

Pete slowly walks up the aisle. My hands fidget behind me.

He makes it to the top.

The love of my life leans in and whispers 'I love you.' My heart melts and I touch foreheads with him, murmuring an 'I love you' back.

The pastor smiles at us. "Now, before I continue, does anybody object to the unity of these two?"

I hold my breath, looking into Pete's sparkling eyes. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him. I take his rough yet warm hands and squeeze them. He buries his head into my shoulders, and I breathe in his scent.

But then he steps away.

"I object," he whispers, looking sadly at me. "And you know why."

No.

I keep a hold of his wrist, bringing him into a hug. I want to hold him tighter and tighter and never let go.

"I love you." He whispers, kissing the top of my head.

"Please don't go!" I beg, looking into his warm, brown eyes. "I can't live without you."

"You must," Pete says, his voice barely a whisper, as he fades away. "I'll always be a part of you."

"No!" I scream, breaking down into sobs, "I can't live without you," I cry, wiping them feebly away with my right hand

I don't know how I'm going to live without him.

That stupid, stupid car-crash.