Chapter 10

"So, we should probably grab something to eat." I wasn't really listening to the two of them. I was worried about my room. It's a damn mess. It looks like a tornado crashed a kid's birthday party in here.

Ugh. I hate a dirty room.

"Karmin?" Yumi calls out to me in the middle of my OCD spazz attack.

"Yeah?" I look up at them, still trying to clean up.

"Got any ideas on what we should eat?" Russo looks at me with a smile as if we didn't just have a conversation about this.

"I already explain this to the two of you. My appetite for food's been depleting since the day Remy came into my life. My only, true hunger is for blood now, so asking for my opinion on that matter wouldn't be helpful in the slightest." I quickly go back to cleaning.

"Damn, I forgot. Are you hungry now?" Russo asks, tilting his head to the side as if as soon as he offered, I was going to run over, pierce his neck and spill his crimson into my mouth.

"Even if I was, I don't think feeding would do us any good right now until I figure out why everything happened the first time it was attempted." I was still trying to clean as I talked.

"Understandable." He says, nodding.

"What if you try drinking from me?" Yumi suggests. I remember her offering too before the incident.

"Karmin is my best friend. If there's anyway to have a close and special bond, deeper than what we already have, then I'm willing to do it, too." I remember her words clear as day. She wanted to be a part of this too. In a way, it sounds like jealousy and selfishness. Like a desperate attempt to be a part of something extreme in my life. Because let's be honest: I'm sure that simply having Russo would suffice. It wouldn't be necessary to have both Russo and Yumi. I think one blood source is more than enough. And Remy said that he's healthier so I'd most likely want his more, anyway. So her offering isn't to help me. It's to stay relevant in my life. It's to be important in anyway possible. The thought of that, for some reason, irritates me. Why do you have to force yourself to be important? Why does your greed for attention know no limits? And why do I not feel anything for thinking these things about my best friend?

"As I just said, feeding won't be a good idea until I figure out what happened to me, Russo and Remy." I comment with a slight annoyed expression as I clean up the pizza boxes and sodas. How can humans just fill their bodies with such random garbage? That's what Remy would have said if she would've seen this mess.

Even though my appetite was dissipating fast, Remy always made sure that I stayed healthy. Not eating greasy fast food or sweets and always making sure I had a balanced meal for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Even go as far as making secret notes for Mick to pick up things. And though he never knew, Remy always watched Mick cook dinner to make sure he's not over seasoning or any other thing that she deemed unhealthy. Now that I am 18, my life's been accustomed to having that way of life. According to Remy, I'm not missing out on much anyway.

Except for diabetes, stroke, possible obesity and a bunch of other things.

Also, because of Remy, I work out on a daily basis. Fridays and weekends are my rest days. That's why my main focus has been on this whole blood thing and these new abilities.

Damn. Now that I think about it, Remy has been a really big part of my life. I didn't even think about how much I was taking her for granted before. She's always had my best interest at heart. Regardless of how irritating she got over time, she really truly was the only person there for me.

"Well, would you like to just be in the car with us?" Russo asks, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah, we gotta figure out what we're going to eat. Why don't you tag along? It's better than to be here by yourself." Yumi chimes in with a smile as they both stare at me with what seems like anticipation.