PROLOGUE

Realm of the Enchanted
Crystal City, neutral ground
An assembly of leaders from different factions

A heated argument was escalating as the members of the assembly continued to agree to disagree. The large great hall housed leaders from different factions with one common goal: To convince other factions that they were the ones worthy to rule over the leaderless Enkantra for everyone believed that he who controlled Enkantria controlled the entire realm of the Enchanted.

"This conversation bores me to death," Prince Kristoff Valentin, prince of the Vampire Kingdom Sanggre, spoke before taking a sip of a wine laced with blood from his golden goblet. His father, King Viktor sat beside him, looking equally bored.

"Then step out of this hall and find little rabbit prey to play with, Kristoff," Prince Ivan, from the Elven Kingdom Elfiro, snapped, eyeing the vampire representative with disdain. "This assembly doesn't need your pathetic presence."

A loud thud resonated around the hall. "Enough! We are here to discuss the matter at hand: how to stop wars within this realm. The numbers of Encantos are decreasing every year because of the countless wars different factions are waging. The Female Encantos have ceased to conceive since the last Queen of Enkantria fell to her demise," Master Aberlin, Chief Wizened Wizard and caretaker of Enkantria spoke with gravity, his legendary staff of Majika on his hand. He was weary of all the meaningless squabbles of these foolish leaders of different factions. "Our world is dying, and we need to find a solution to preserve our realm."

"The only way for these wars to cease is to give Enkantria to me," newly crowned King Damian of the Demon kingdom Heldore announced.

"Ha! Over my dead but a still delectable body, my sweet demon," sorceress Moriana, Queen of the Sorcerers and Mistress of Illusion and Enchantment said, sending the demon king her kiss of death.

Aberlin flicked his wrist and the red smoke of Moriana's kiss of death disappeared. "No sorcery, no magic, no attacking of other factions Moriana. This is a neutral ground as you know."

Damian gave Moriana a wink. "Let's settle this on my bed later, baby."

"When hell freezes demon!" Moriana growled.

The band of mercenaries comprised of the witches and warlocks joined the argument. The Nephilim Knights, winged creatures from the sky, sided with the Wizards. Representatives from minority factions pointed out their views on the matter. The merpeople King in his landform threatened to send waves if the vampire took over Enkantria. The Faeries from the dark and light courts opposed whatever the elven party suggested.

The Assembly was pointless—useless beyond doubt. Enkantria would collapse. The whole realm would fall and cease to exist. Those were the grim conclusions of Aberlin as the debate rose another degree.