Six

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Y/N, you need sleep. It's been 2 days." Cas pestered and I sighed.

"Fine. I'll get a few hours now." The angel nodded his head, picking up his book. I walked towards Sam's room, knocking on the door. Thankfully I had managed to grab my laptop so I could continue what I was doing.

"Come in." I opened the door to find him sat at the desk and reading a book.

"Can I hide in here for a few hours until Cas is off my case?" Sam gave me a look that screamed 'what have you done now?'
"He's nagging me about sleeping, but I have too much reading and work to do."

"When was the last time you slept?" I shrugged, closing the door and sitting on his bed.

"2 days ago?" Sam looked at me disapprovingly and I opened my laptop and continued my research on Sirens.
"I'll be fine. I used to be a med student, I've done a lot worse than 2 days without sleep."

"Not the point, Y/N." Sam sighed.
"You need to look after yourself. Have you even eaten today?"

"Uhh, I had some chips at like 6 this morning." I typed away, not really paying attention to the Moose.

"Y/N, its almost 3 in the afternoon." I nodded my head and the laptop closed. I looked up at Sam in annoyance as he took it away from me.
"Go to sleep, I'm going to make you a sandwich and you can have it when you wake up."

"I'm not going to sleep, Sam. Give me my damn laptop." He glared at me and I glared right back.
"Come on, don't be a dick."

"Y/N, you expect to look after us when you can't even look after yourself. Shut up, lay down and go to sleep." He left the room and I sighed, flopping down onto my bed.
It's just sleep, what could go wrong? Oh yeah, nightmares.
Not wanting to annoy him, I laid down in the comfortable bed, kicking my shoes off. I blinked a few times, listening to the silence, before my eyelids felt too heavy to stay open.

~D R E A M~

It was all dark at first. Something about being surrounded by nothing was strangely relaxing, yet absolutely terrifying.
There was a light. It was dull and small, but it felt like hope.
I wandered towards it and there was a door. All of my instincts told me to keep it shut, but I opened it anyway.
As soon as I did, I wanted to be back in the darkness.

"Y/N? Y/N, Princess are you ok?" I opened my eyes in confusion.
"Hey, it was just a bad dream. You don't need to cry."

"I'm not crying." I lifted my hand to my face and much to my surprise I was crying. I moved my hands away from my face and they were covered in blood.
"What?" I panicked and Sam sighed, but there was something different. This wasn't Sam Winchester. He looked like him, sounded like him, but it wasn't him.

"Look at the mess you've made." His voice was cold.
"Everything you touch seems to break or spoil. I mean, seriously, you're hurting yourself now." He spat and I pushed myself out of the bed.
I fell against the mirror and looked at my blood-streaked face in horror.
"I only said that I didn't hate you to make you feel better, but you want the truth? I despise you! I never did love you at all."

"S-Sam." I said quietly and he looked like Sam Winchester, the hunter I fell in love with. Not whoever he just changed into.

"I don't even understand why you're still here. Can't you just leave already?"

~~

Sam's P.O.V.

I sighed walking into the library, two plates in my hands.

"Have you seen Y/N? She's avoiding me because I told her to sleep, but I can't find her." Cas said in confusion.
"I don't think she's left."

"Cas, she's getting a few hours sleep in my room. I made us some food, cause she hasn't eaten today." The angel sighed.
"I'm sure she'll be fine."

"How are you, Sam?" Cas asked and I forced a smile.

"I'm fine, Cas." I left the library and returned to my room. Y/N was asleep and I put the plates down, covering her over. Before I could move away she grabbed onto my wrist with a tight grip and I froze as her eyes shot open. She took deep breaths, looking up at me in what seemed to be fear.
"Y/N? Are you ok?" She quickly let go of me, pushing herself back out of bed.

"No. Please, no." She whispered, looking at me and I didn't move. She took deep breaths, pulling her knees to her chest and resting her head on them.
I moved towards her slowly, kneeling down and putting my hand on her arm.

"Y/N, whatever happened, it was just a nightmare. I'm not going to hurt you." She looked up at me and the fear seemed to leave her eyes. I wrapped my arms around her, and she embraced the hug, leaning into my chest. She cried for a while and we sat there on the floor.