two.

Calum couldn't get over the fact that he was in an asylum. For crazy people! It didn't feel real so he wasn't sure if this was real or some sort of a dream. No - nightmare.

He figures Stephanie was here for a while since she got so offended before. Obviously she doesn't like it here. But then again who would? Nobody with a straight mind would. That made Calum feel a bit safer.

He can't be crazy. Not in such a short time, right?

"I don't think you are crazy" he heard Stephanie whisper and he looked at her confused. How could she know what he was thinking?

Stephanie just knew. His face was so confused and she could tell his mind was racing with thousands of theories. Is he crazy? or not?

She had passed that phase. She knew she wasn't crazy; she just had to convince the doctors as well.

Stephanie spent easily a whole hour with her tour. She showed Calum the lunch room and the activity room. She explained to him how to correctly use the bathroom here since it was half the year broken and talked to him about other patients as well.

Calum looked at Stephanie mesmerized. He found her so different from the other patients he had seen. He thought she was funny when she made a joke about the food here.

Speaking of food; it was time for lunch. They walked silently towards the lunch room, side by side; not speaking a single word.

Each one picked a plate filled with chicken and rice and after that Stephanie walked straight to her small table; next to the window.

Calum didn't know what to do or where to sit so he thought that maybe he could sit with Stephanie but then a curly haired boy approached him smiling.

"Hey! You must be Calum; my new roommate? I'm Ashton" the boy said and Calum nodded.

"where are you going to sit?" Ashton asked Calum and he told him that he was going to sit with Stephanie. Ashton had overheard the doctors a couple of months back. They had said that Stephanie was crazy and in fact schizophrenic. She believed that she was fine; they said but in reality that made her seem paranoid. Like all doctors were there to keep her 'imprisoned'.

Ashton wanted to tell Calum what he had heard but the new boy was already making his way towards Stephanie.

"Can I sit with you?" he asked politely again and Stephanie hesitated for a while. She eventually nodded. She wasn't sure if she should spent much time with him. She did want to meet him though; get to know him.

"So Calum; what made your parents think you're crazy?" Stephanie thought that maybe making small talk with him would help so she thought of a question and asked him.

Calum didn't know for sure. His life was a bit hectic the past two months but his parents hadn't notice. So why did they sent him here?

"Honestly I'm not really sure" he mumbled and Stephanie nodded her head.

"Can I ask why are you here?" Calum then asked and after a while Stephanie nodded.

"You can ask me" she confirmed and waited. For a while Calum didn't know what she was waiting but then he realized she was waiting for his question.

"How did you got in here?" he asked her nicely again.

"Apparently having an imaginary friend at the age of ten and not socializing with other kids is considered insanity" she mumbled in a tone filled with sarcasm. Calum stared at her shocked.

"And how old are you? I'm 17" he said. Calum wanted to know exactly how long she was in here. Away from her family.

"I'm 19" Stephanie said with a nod. Calum tried really hard to keep a straight face. She's in here 9 years? She seems okay to him so how could they keep her in here?

He felt bad for the girl he just met an hour ago. She had lost all of her life in this place and even if she gets out; Calum thinks she won't be able to comprehend.

He decided to stay by her side.

Because after all Stephanie needed him and somehow he knew that.

***

Hello.

I have absolutely nothing to say so vote and comment!

Bye =)