zero

The day was sunnier than yesterday. Birds were flying around, the sun was bringht and warm. Stephanie was staring outside her window; admiring what she couldn't have and what was taken from her.

She was looking to the playground that was located just at the opposite side of the road. She looked at the children that were playing happily. Chasing each other and making up their own games. Just being kids. Stephanie lost that and she was angry about it but she couldn't do much. She was locked in here unable to do anything else than wish she could be able to do something.

At the age of 19, Stephanie has been in the asylum for the past 9-10 years. Doctors found weird the fact that a child; a ten year old child could be insane but they sent her here either way. Her parents and sibling stopped visiting when Stephanie turned 18. She thought it was better that way because at least  she didn't have to deal with their pitiful glances.

So what if she was crazy?

So what if she was locked in?

What Stephanie was really angry with is that she wasn't crazy. And she was forcefully locked in here.

Hellhouse.

That's how Stephanie called the place. The doctors were Satan's workers. A small smile appeared at Stephanie's face when she thought about the nicknames she had given to them. That of course wasn't a good sign; according to the doctors.

They declared her delusional as well and now there is absolutely no way they will let her out.

Stephanie had thought about killing herself. She thought why would she waste her time in here? They wouldn't let her out either way. She would never be free again and for a long time the only thing that  made her make it through the day was that thought.

That she could fool them all. Kill herself and their plan of keeping her locked would fail. She couldn't bring herself to do it though. Like something kept her from doing it. She didn't know what that thing was but she didn't kill herself.

She had it all planned out but just couldn't do it...

"Stephanie? Are you okay?" her private doctor asked. Dr. Barn was a good doctor. He was convinced there was no hope left for Stephanie. It made him sad. She was so young. She didn't even lived her life and it's probably going to end in here after years.

 Of course he didn't know anything of Stephanie's plans...

In her mind it was only a matter of days.

"I'm okay" she mumbled; her attention still fixed on the window and the outside world.

"Let go of me" Stephanie heard an unfamiliar voice scream. Her head turned around so quickly she was surprised she didn't break her neck. Her eyes landed on the person that was still screaming and saying that he wasn't crazy. That a mistake had happened and he shouldn't be there.

He was perfectly sane; he said but that's what insane people say, right?