three.

It was activity time.

Stephanie kept a quick pace as she walked towards the activity room. They were playing table games today and she was really excited about that. She told Calum about the games and he followed her silently.

Stephanie felt like playing MONOPOLY so she walked to the table where other patients were playing MONOPOLY.

She picked the game pieces always picks. The small silver airplane while Calum chose the hamburger. They placed them on the head start and the nurse that was in charge counted and gave them the right amount of money.

"Anyone else wants to play monopoly?" he asked in a nice tone and when he got no response he told Stephanie, Calum and the four other patients to start playing.

---

Eventually Calum came last. Stephanie was second and a girl named Harriet won. Stephanie then explained to him that Harriet was supposed to be closed in isolation but because her IQ is really high and before she went all cray-cray she was a scientist and a really good one, they let her socialize with people.

They had literally only 10 minutes to eat dinner and Stephanie looked at Calum smiling.

"What?" Calum couldn't help but ask.

"Race you to the cafeteria" was all Stephanie said before she started running towards the cafeteria and away from a very surprised looking Calum.

"I won" she said smiling widely when they had picked their trays and sat down at Stephanie's usual and favourite table.

"You cheated" Calum mumbled and pouted. Stephanie chuckled and thought he looked like her little cousin who once visited her.

"Did not" she muttered while taking a bite from a delicious looking but not tasting sausage.

"Yeah you did" Calum repeated himself and Stephanie decided to ignore him.

They sat and ate in silence. Calum found that weird and a bit uncomfortable but soon he got used to it.

He didn't say anything when he and Stephanie parted ways; going to their separate rooms.

---

Calum woke up when he felt the sheet being removed away from his arm. He quickly opened his eyes and sat up on the bed; immediately regretting it since he felt like throwing up.

"Calm down. I just came in to check your blood pressure" the nurse guy from last night said. Calum nodded his head; being extremely tired.

Soon he was left alone to go back to.sleep.

---

Stephanie was up early like every other Friday morning. Her weekly evaluations with Dr Brown were the reason she didn't sleep during Fridays.

"How are you feeling this week, Stephanie?" the doctor asked in a sophisticated voice. He had lost all hope when it came to Stephanie. A lost cause.

"I'm great! I made a new friend" she said excitedly and doctor Brown looked at her with a glint of hope filling his eyes.

"Tell me more about it" the doctor said and Stephanie did. She told him how Calum looked and what she new about him. She told him he sucked at monopoly but he was a good runner.

After the evaluation both Stephanie and Dr Brown were smiling.

I have to talk to the council, he thought. There was actual progress with Stephanie and they needed to know!

***

it's small but I'm practically sleeping while I'm writing this.

Vote and comment!