chapter 17

********************************Harry's POV****************************************

I loosened my grip on her when she nodded, shaking slightly.

"S-sorry." I muttered. "I just don't want to let you go."

She smiled at me, wrapping her arms around my neck as I lay down beside her.

"Its okay." She whispered after a couple of minutes. "I know Harry, I know."

I looked over to the digital clock sitting on her bedside table. 9:57.

I found her hand in the darkness and slipped my fingers through hers, holding it tightly.

"We'll find a way to tell Niall. To tell everyone." I promised.

"How?" she mumbled. "Won't everybody just hate me?"

"Of course not. Don't be silly. Liam definetely won't. He'll understand. Louis will too, and Zayn-"

"I don't just mean the boys."

I closed my eyes.

"What about the fans? You know how they are. What if they get really angry, so angry they might stop liking you?"

"They won't."

"How can you sound so sure?" she asked. "You and Niall need time, okay? Time to heal and time to grow back to what you two were before. I don't want to interfere. I'm the whole problem..."

"Don't say that."

She took a deep breath.

"Please Beck." I found myself whispering. "Don't go. I need you. I really do. We need each other, now more than ever. Please. Stay. Please stay. Okay?"

My answer was soft rhythmic breathing, an owl hooting in the night, the soft ticking of a clock.

"Becky?"

I looked over. I could make out her beautiful features, her long black lashes framing her closed eyes. Her honey blonde hair around her face, her cheeks slightly rosy from the cold. Her soft, pink lips slightly open, making me want to lean down and kiss her, right then and there. So I did.

Just a small peck, warm and sweet.

She didn't stir, so I shuffled around till I was comfortable, our hands still intwined, my arm supporting her head.

I felt my eyelids drop, before they did, I made sure to whisper something in her ear.

"I love you."