Chapter 6

The night had been a lot of fun for all of them but soon enough morning came and the former A.I had to leave. He felt pretty content though, spending some good time with Wanda, and them taking their relationship to the next level. The fact that there wasn't any constraint between him and Natasha, Steve and Sam also made him feel at ease.

He spent a couple of minutes snuggled up with Wanda on the porch, they said their goodbyes only with the promise of meeting soon enough, with silent prayers of giving them strength until then.

Finally, it was time, Sam was still asleep, so not disturbing him, he bid farewell to Steve and Natasha, thanking them for their warmth and hospitality, making both the former Avengers along with Wanda chuckle.

"We are really going to miss you, Vision," Natasha told him earnestly, with a soft smile.

"I would too. Along with Happy and Pepper who also really miss your company. Till date he has to endure Ms. Potts' mild sense of humor, reminding him of how well he 'slipped,' all thanks to Natalie Rushman." Natasha chuckled once again, the nostalgia and memories making her feel bittersweet. Things were so much simpler way back then. She hadn't spoken to Pepper in like forever and even though Natasha wasn't too much of a gossiper, she really missed the girl bonding time she had spent with Pepper and Hill, especially before Ultron.

Giving him a goodbye hug, she whispered, "take care of yourself and him too." Her mention of Tony was a bit of a shocker of the A.I, for he was briefly aware of the slight tension between them after their last conversation, but never the less, he was very well acquainted with Natasha's compassion from the very beginning, especially from J.A.R.V.I.S's memories

"Captain Rogers, I must say this bearded look is very becoming on you," he lightly teased.

Steve sighed, turning to Natasha, "you know, this is all your fault. You've spoilt this one and now she's rubbing off on him."

"Whatever old man." The three of them laughed, once again at Steve's expense.

And after a somewhat humorous goodbye, Vision headed back to the compound, and as much as its emptiness daunted him, in his heart, he knew somehow that things would be okay someday. Someday.

~~~

After a couple of days.

Except for the sound of the engine, everything was absolutely quiet. Wanda, who had gotten a lot better at handling the Quinjet over the past few years hard work, was managing everything and Steve, who had a bad burn on his arm, was sitting at one of the seats not too far from Wanda. Natasha had dislocated her shoulder but she barely felt any pain. She would honestly prefer a little pain over the raging madness she felt, she was hanging out in the back, needing to be entirely alone to handle herself at the moment. She couldn't believe Steve sometimes, how could he? The question was raised by her mind continuously, infuriating her more and more.

Funnily enough their situation was pretty similar to the memory they had laughed at a couple of days before, but only this time, Steve had jumped right in front of Natasha, saving her from getting badly hurt but at the same time, not realizing, he put himself at significant risk, being in the vulnerable position that he was, he could easily have been shot if it wasn't for Wanda, who with her powers, saved the day.

The tension in the air was tangible and so was the brewing of the storm, even though they hadn't mentioned a word about what happened. Wanda knew, this was gonna be bad.

Steve stood up in a couple of minutes, taking out their first aid kit, which had been recently restored with fresh supplies, he headed to the back of the jet towards Natasha. "Let me put your shoulder back."