CHAPTER 24

Anika moves downstairs with Priyanka for mooh dikhai.

ANIKA'S LEHENGA (Assume that her face is covered with a veil)

Dadi looks at Anika and puts a black dot behind her ear to save her from evil eye.

Anika smiles at her.

Dadi holds Anika's hands and makes her sit on the middle sofa.

Ladies were keenly looking at Anika.

D- So lets start the ritual.

The ladies nods.

One by one all the ladies lift her veil and looks at her face, then gave her gifts and blessings.

Everyone was praising Anika except few ladies who looked annoyed.

L1- Kalyani, your daughter in law is very pretty.

L2- Of course, our Shivaay is very lucky.

D-Its just because of your blessings.

L3- But don't feel bad, why Shivaay got married so suddenly and that too without informing anyone?

L4- Yes, you are right, Why this sudden marriage? Is something wrong with this girl or is she expecting or something?

Anika looks at her shocked.

K- What are you saying ? There is nothing wrong with Anika. This marriage is so sudden because of some circumstances.

L3- Kalyani, you don't know these types of girls. These girls act innocent and then they take advantage of the situation and marry innocent boys like Shivaay for their money.

L4- Ok, if nothing is wrong with her, then why her parents are not here in this function. Atleast they should have attended the function for their daughter's sake.

K- Shut up, I have called you all here to bless my daughter in law, not to say rubbish about her.

L4- You are not believing us now but you will regret your decision when this girl will show her true colours. One day she will run away with all your money and you will be left with nothing.

Shivaay, who was about to enter the hall, heard this. He moves towards hall and looks at Anika who was crying continuously and Dadi who was fuming in anger.

S- What did you just said? Anika will run away with my money?

L4- Yes, Shivaay beta, I am warning you about this girl. Leave her. I am telling you my daughter Sheila is best match for you. She will keep you very happy.

Anika was crying while listening to her bitter words. Shivaay goes near her and side hugs her and Anika hides her face in the crook of his neck.

S- Hmm. So you are saying that your daughter is a perfect match for me but I saw her with a boy in the shopping mall in the morning and then she was with another boy at the chaat shop in the evening. I don't want to insult her but the girl who is so confused to choose her love, then how she will live with me for whole life.