E L E V E N

"Aan de andere kant te staan"
————————————————

"I'm not ready for the show, I-I can't breathe!" Andy was totally panicking and I just stood there, doing nothing. It was like time was frozen, I couldn't move. I watched him trying to breathe and watched him fail.

Eventually, Mikey ran towards him and gave him his inhaler. Andy quickly used it and kinda calmed down. All the time, I had done nothing to help him. And it hurt.

I stood at the other side of the room, but had done nothing. Mikey had come from a total different room. It was like I was in entire different world. Where I could do nothing but watch.

————————————————

Rye's POV

I put my hands on both sides of Andy's head and force him to look me in the eye. "No, you are not. You didn't do anything, this was my fault. And you aren't leaving already. You hear me? Not yet!"

A little overwhelmed by my anger, I let go of the smaller boy. "I'm sorry," I mutter.

But Andy shakes his head. "No, you had the right to do that," he claims. "I am the one that should be apologizing. Not you."

Now it's my turn to shake my head. "Nope, I should b-" I'm getting cut off by Andy placing his lips on mine.

I melt in with the kiss immediately and take his face in my hands. The smaller boy wraps his arm around me and pushes himself closer.

After a while we separate and I can see Andy is having some troubles with breathing.

"Andy, are you alright?" I ask, getting worried.

"I-I c-can't breathe," he stumbles over his words while trying to get some air. "Rye, I can't g-get any a-air!"

Slowly his panic is getting grip and even though he has had asthma attacks before, he is totally freaking out.

I'm also starting to panic and go search for Andy's inhaler in his jacket.
When I don't find it I look at the older boy in terror.

"You didn't take it with you?" I ask.

He shakes his head and desperately tries to breathe.

All I can think of is kissing him, hoping that Andy holding his breath will stop the asthma attack.

Quick AN: I don't recommend what I just wrote when having an asthma attack. Use the inhaler and if you don't have one, try to calm down, maybe have someone who'll breathe with you to help you.

I can feel him holding his breath and slowly back away to give him space to breathe properly.

After a while, he has catched his breath and looks up to me, a grateful look in his eyes. "Thank you, Ryan," he says. "How did you know what to do?"

I shake my head. "I once read holding your breath could stop a panic attack and I was like, maybe it stops an asthma attack as well."

Slowly, Andy nods.

"Lucky me it did."

————————————————

Well guys, guess who reached 1k reads?
I can't thank you all enough! And ofc thank you for being patient with me ;)