Chapter 3-The Helper

Chapter 3- The Helper

Lexa' POV

The warm blast of air welcomed me to the police station. It had started to snow again about an hour ago and there was a thick sheet of snow covering the ground up to my shins already and it was absolutely freezing. Agent Morgan had called me during fifth period and had asked if I could stop by for some more questions. I had told him everything I knew before but... I was curious. Curious of the team of crime fighters I remember wanting to be part of one day. Where did my plan go wrong?

"Miss Parker", agent Morgan's deep voice greeted. In the brighter light of the entrance way of the police station his dark skin looked a bit lighter and his grey shirt looked a bit tighter. He himself looked a bit more handsome.

"Agent Morgan", I shook his hand, "nice to see you again."

"Ya, you too", he smiled, "glad you could come in."

"Glad I can actually help", I shrugged.

"I keep my promises", he shrugged with a smug smile. I giggled,

"I'm sure you so."

"Here, follow me", he nodded his head towards the back of the station, "I'll introduce you to the rest of the team and then we can start with the questions." I nodded and followed behind him as he turned away and walked. Agent Morgan was a strong, muscular looking man with a charming personality I bet he uses to his advantage all the time. He was tall, or maybe I was just short, because standing right next to him I was only to his shoulder or maybe his chin. He pushed open a door and held it open for me.

"Hey guys", he caught the attention of the group of working professional looking men and woman then he gestured to me, "this is the teacher at Hillside I was talking to you about, Alexa Parker." I waved and smiled nervously. I could have been one of these people, I thought, one of these epic crime fighters.

"Nice to meet you", a blonde woman chirped, coming up to shake my hand, "agent Jennifer Jareau", she introduced.

"Nice to meet you too", I smiled as she let go of my hand.

"Agent Alex Blake", an older brown hair lady intorduced. I smiled and shook her hand and then another older agent with graying hair shook my hand,

"David Rossi", he introduced. My eyes widened,

"Oh", I gasped, "oh I know you! I've read your books."

"Well good on you", agent Rossi smiled, looking pleasantly surprised, "how did you find them?"

"Very informative, very well written and all in all some of the greatest books I've read", I smiled, "it's such a pleasure to meet you!"

"You too", David Rossi smiled, patting my shoulder.

"You've already met Reid", Morgan nodded towards the tall and slightly awkward young man with the shaggy brown hair and brown eyes. I nodded and smiled at him,

"Nice to see you again, Dr. Reid."

"You too", he smiled quickly. He shot Morgan a glare and then looked away.

"And my boss, special agent Aaron Hotchner", Morgan introduced a serious looking man with black hair and a cold stare. He shook my hand firmly.

"Thank you for inviting me to help, agent Hotchner", I nodded.

"I heard you had FBI training", he questioned, looking me up and down.

"Yes, I had", I nodded, "after graduating college I went to the FBI academy for two years and graduated at age 19."

"19", agent Jareau asked, eyes wide.

"Yes", I nodded.

"How old are you now", she asked.

"I'm 23", I told her. Her eyes widened again.

"So young", Rossi asked, "sounds like somebody else we know." He made a show of looking at Dr. Reid, making me laugh.

"I've always sort of been... ahead of the people in my class. Photographic memory, I.Q. of 176 and the ability to read at least 100 words a minute helped me out", I shrugged.

"Impressive", Rossi nodded in approval.

"Thank you", I nodded. A short silence filled in between the agents and I that Morgan broke eventually.

"Me and Alexa will be in there", he told everyone, pointing to a desk on the other side of the room. The team split up and went back to work, smiling at me as Morgan led me to the desk and sat me down and then took the seat across from me. "You know you can take your coat off", he laughed.

"Still a bit chilled", I shrugged making him nod and laugh. I leaned closer and sighed, "you do know I gave you all the information I know already?"

"I know", he nodded.

"Then why am I here", I asked.

"My boss wants you to keep your eyes open for any suspicious behavior. He asked our tech analyst for you files and apparently you passed your FBI training with flying colors in behavioral analysis so all I'm asking is that you just look around", agent Morgan pleaded. My eyes widened in anger and shock,

"you looked into my files", I asked, "I've known you for not even a day and you go digging into my life. Wow... that's a seriously crappy way to ask for help, agent Morgan."

"Alexa Parker will you help or not", he asked, almost pleading. I bit my lip,

"Don't look into my life again", I snapped.

"No promises", he shook his head. I thought for a moment,

"fine", I shrugged.

"Thank you", he smiled. My face broke into an excited smile,

"you welcome."

"So you're part of the team", he laughed. I bit my bottom lip and shook my head,

"I wouldn't go that far...", I shook my head.

"Then what are you", he asked. I shrugged,

"A helper, I guess."