Chapter 7-Lexa's Demons

Chapter 7- Snow Day

Spencer's POV

The next morning the snow was up to my knees and Lexa had a snow day away from school so she was up early begging me to bring her in to work with me. Her eyes got wide and pleading and her excuse was she didn't want to sit alone at home all day, so I just couldn't resist. But I regretted it the moment Morgan's smirk made it's way onto his face and he nonchalantly followed me into the break room where I had plans to make me and Lexa some coffee.

"So that blizzard went on for quite a while", he started while I started to pour coffee in two cups. I was shocked he wasn't making fun of me staying at Lexa's last night.

"Uh... ya it was", I nodded, pouring in some milk for the coffee.

"Rough night", he asked.

"Ya", I nodded, laughing under my breath.

"My man", Morgan cheered. I knew he wasn't here to talk about the blizzard.

"Not that kind of rough night", I exclaimed.

"Not what kind of rough night", Lexa asked, popping her head in with a smile in place on her face. Morgan laughed harder as he stalked out the door. Lexa's stare grew worried and questioning. "Did I miss something?"

"No", I shook my head, handing her the coffee, "Morgan was just being... Morgan."

"Right...", she nodded lightly, "thank you." She slowly took a sip of her coffee and shrugged, "I heard the blizzard got real bad about 15 minutes after we went down for the night", she snickered, "aren't you lucky I'm stubborn."

"It didn't take a lot of persuasion, I knew it'd get bad", I defended.

"mm hmm", she crossed her arms firmly over her chest and laughed, "I saved your skinny ass from freezing off last night and you know it." I laughed and so did she.

"I got to work", I told her when our laughter died down.

"Would hate to stand in the way", she shrugged, "go save the world." And then she walked away. I watched closely after her as she walked up to Morgan, smacked the back of his head and then swiftly walked to JJ. I laughed under my breath and sipped some coffee.

"Alexa Parker...", I shook my head, "you are definitely hiding something." I shook my head, frowning at the sight of Emily, JJ and Lexa laughing, and picked up my phone, dialing Garcia's number quickly. Lexa's smiles and laughs didn't reach her eyes.

"Penelope's fortress of epic wisdom, what can I do for you", Garcia wised.

"Hey, Garcia", I greeted curtly, "could you run a background check for me?"

"Yep, my fingers are typing ready", Garcia chirped, "who on."

"Alexa Parker", I cast a glance at Lexa who was nicely watching as JJ did some paper work and talked.

"That teacher that Hotch is trying to get to go undercover for you", Garcia questioned as she typed, the keys clicking softly over the phone.

"Uh...ya", I nodded.

"Ok... Alexa Parker, full name Alexa Brittany Parker and... oh", Garcia's persona changed.

"What", I asked.

"Alexa Parker is one troubled girl", Garcia muttered.

"What happened", I asked, turning back to Lexa as she sat down next to Emily and pointed out something on the paper she was reading and began to talk.

"Alexa Parker's parents, Jared and Megan Parker, were killed in a car accident when Alexa was barley a year old. After that she bounced around from all sorts foster homes until... oh this poor girl-

"What", I asked.

"At 14 years old Alexa graduated high school but... after that she was sent to another foster home. After that Alexa and six other girls her age went missing for a bit, a year to be exact. Police found them in the basement. The foster parents beat them all pretty bad. Alexa and two other girls had been raped. Apparently after that Alexa put herself through college and then the FBI academy and then got herself the teaching job. Poor girl.. she's been conquering some serious demons", Garcia sighed.

"Thanks, Garcia", I hung up and shoved my phone in my pocket and walked out of the break room, throwing my coffee in the trash.

Lexa's POV

When Spencer emerged from the break room he looked generally worried, sad and slightly pissed which surprised me greatly.

"What's up with him", I muttered.

"Who", Emily asked, looking up at me.

"Dr. Reid", I pointed out. She turned to look at him as he settled at a desk and put his head in his hands.

"Probably got some news about his mom that upset him a bit", Emily shrugged, "happens all the time."

"His mom is sick", I questioned.

"Ya, schizophrenia", Emily nodded, turning to face me, "it gets to him."

"And his dad", I asked, curious.

"Left them after his mother got sick", Emily informed me.

"Son of a bitch", I muttered.

"I bet Reid would agree", Emily snorted.

"I kinda know what it's like to hate someone so much it feels selfish", I muttered.

"You do", Emily asked, "tell me more."

"Sworn to secrecy, sorry Emily", I laughed, "but I'm positive you'll figure it out and when you do promise one thing?"

"Sure", Emily narrowed her eyes.

"Don't pity me", I shook my head.

"Done", Emily nodded.

"Thanks", I smiled.

"You know...", Emily started, "I think Reid may know the secret."

"I thought you said-

"He usually shrugs it off after a few minutes", Emily interrupted, "he looks like he's seen a ghost." I looked back at Spencer and bit my lip and shrugged.

"I bet he's gone through enough to know not to pity me", I muttered.

"Wonder how he found out", Emily raised her eyebrows.

"You've done background checks before", I shrugged.

"I don't think Reid would go diving into your life, Lexa" Emily shook her head, "it's probably just his mom."

"Ya...", I nodded, hopeful, "probably."