Chapter 8-Unstoppable

Chapter 8- Unstoppable

Lexa's POV

Something about the thought of Dr. Reid digging into my life didn't sit well with me. There was a fine line between my past and me, I chose to forget it. I managed to move past it all and stand up to it for the people who couldn't. So why I didn't like Reid figuring it out? I just couldn't put my finger on it. Maybe it was the fact that, like everyone else, he'd stare at me with judgmental eyes. Pity and judgment, the two main factors in any tragedy. So as the day progressed I found myself dismissing myself from any conversations with the smarty pants, trying to delay any questions until I felt I was able to answer them correctly. Eventually, I gave up, thinking of how paranoid I was. Reid would know I wasn't keen on digging into my past, he would stay out of it. He would have to.
"Lexa", Morgan questioned. I blinked back to stare at him, a smirk on his face.
"What", I asked.
"What you staring at Reid for", he asked.
"What? I wasn't-", but when I turned around I realized, in my day dream, I managed to attach my eyes to Reid. "I didn't know I was", I straightened and shrugged.
"What went down last night", he asked, chuckling at me at I turned to face him. I rolled my eyes,
"it was snowing real hard so I let him stay over, what's the problem with that", I asked.
"Nothing happened", he asked. I rolled my eyes again,
"you know what", I pushed past him and walked away towards Reid. "Can you please call off your friend", I exclaimed, "he's getting annoying." Reid looked up at me with wide eyes,
"who", he asked.
"Morgan", I squeaked, "he thinks I slept with you!" Reid's cheeks turned red and Morgan's laughter echoed through the station. I sighed in annoyance and muttered to myself about my not giving myself up as easily as Morgan thinks I do and his thought process is sick.
"Stop, Morgan", Reid muttered before getting up and walking away from me. I sighed and sat in the currently unoccupied seat.
"Why so glum, chum", JJ chirped, setting a stack of folders next to me and sitting down.
"Morgan's being an ass", I sighed, "and Reid too."
"Reid, too", JJ questioned with furrowed brows, "that's odd."
"Well-", I groaned, "he just isn't- ugh! Forget it."
"To late", she chuckled, "tell me."
"He's not talking to me", I threw up my hands.
"I thought it was the other way around", JJ squinted.
"It- I-", I sighed, "it's complicated. Like I said, forget it."
"Ok", JJ shrugged, getting up and walking away. As she walked past Morgan he hit his shoulder and told him something I couldn't hear.

Reid. Is. So. Annoying. It's gotten to the point that even his co-workers are seeing how... annoying he is. He's so annoying it makes him hot! Wait... I didn't mean that! I meant it made him seem like a know it all. Which he was but- you know what? Screw it! I jumped out of my chair and grabbed my coat, making a hasty exit towards the door.
"Lexa! Wait", Morgan called.
"Leave me alone", I called over my shoulder.
"What's going on", he asked.
"Find a new under cover", I called back, "I'm done."
"What", Morgan asked, "what happened?" I stopped and turned around to face him,
"just... just nothing", I sighed, "I'm leaving. I'm putting myself in a stressful and dangerous situation and I'm over it." I looked over at a wide eyed Reid, "and I'm kind of over the cold shoulder thing too", I added in his benefit before walking out. I could hear Morgan's quick pace running after me. The cold air hit my face, making me pause just in time for Morgan to grab my arm and spin my around.
"Lexa", Morgan whined, "Lexa I get it if you feel stressed but we kind of need you one this case."
"You don't get it", I turned to look at him, "maybe I'm overreacting but I-... I'm tired, Morgan. I went to the academy because I was inspired to help people. Now I help them by educating them. I'm not built for this", I shook my head.
"Is it because of Reid", Morgan asked, taking me aback, "about him digging into your life?"
"He what", I asked, "he told you he-
"No, Garcia did", Morgan sighed, "Listen, we aren't here to judge you-
"Tell Reid that-
"but we are here to help you. We get if you're stressed or feel in danger but you're trained to know all about this stuff. We just need information." I sighed and shook my head,
"I can't-
"How do you know", he smirked, "it's your choice, Lexa. You want to save lives that's your choice and, judging by how enthusiastic you were at first, you'd be unstoppable."
"I'm not trying to be a hero, Morgan", I shook my head, "I'm trying to be their assistant. I'm the Robin to you guys' Batman."
"Then help us", Morgan pleaded. I thought a moment and then nodded,
"fine", I rolled my eyes, "but if I want out you're letting me out." Morgan smiled brightly,
"that's my girl", he teased, poking me in the side. I shook my head,
"fix your nerd, will you", I groaned, "his cold shoulder treatment is pissing me off."
"That's on you", Morgan laughed before running back inside.