Diagon Alley

The next month was spent getting everything ready. Her parents sent her reply by owl to the school.

The week before term started, they took her to Diagonal Alley to collect her books and equipment.

Her first stop was Gringotts. Her biological parents left their money to her and they were going to make a withdrawal to purchase her supplies.

Next, Skyla and her mom went to Ollivanders. She has been dreaming of finding out what kind of wand she would have since she could remember.

"Hello," Ollivander said as Skyla entered the shop. "Welcome to Ollivander's!"

"Hello, my name is Skyla Lutece and I'm here to get my wand," She said.

"Of course," Ollivander said. "Let me grab a few." While he was grabbing the wands, he said, "you know, I remember when your parents bought their first wands."

"Really?" She asked in astonishment.

"I remember every wand I've ever sold, Miss Lutece," he said as he sat a few wand boxes on the counter. "Now, let's try this one first."

Skyla grabbed it and looked at Ollivander.

"Give it a wave," he said.

She waved the wand and several wand boxes flew off the shelves.

"Definitely not that one," he said as he took the wand and returned it to the box. "Try this one."

Once again waving the wand, books flew off the counter.

"Not that one either," he took the wand and gave her another. After two more unsuccessful attempts, he handed her a very beautiful wand. She waved the wand and felt a very comforting aura around her.

"Cypress wood. Phoenix Feather core. 11 3/4 inches. Flexibility-quite bendy," Ollivander said.

"Thank you, Sir!" Skyla said. She paid for her wand and left. While she was wand shopping with her mom, her dad was in Flourish & Blotts purchasing her textbooks.

After that, Skyla and Sarah headed to Madame Malkin's Robes for all Occasions to pick up her work and dress robes for school. Tom went to Potage's Cauldron Shop to pick up her required pewter cauldron.

Afterwards, they met up and Skyla ran to the window of Quality Quidditch Supplies.

"Oh my! Can I get a broom?" She asked. Her parents looked at her sadly.

"I don't think so dear. It seems so dangerous," Sarah said.

"But all witches and wizards learn to fly," she said sadly.

"You can use a school broom," they said.

"That is really not fair," Skyla has never been the type of child to argue, but she couldn't see a reason not to own a broom. "What if I want to try out for Quidditch when I'm older?"

"Why would you want to do that?" Tom asked. "You already said you are interested in studying magical creatures when you get older."

"I know, but Quidditch sounds so fun!" Skyla said.

"I'm sorry, but the answer is no," they said as Skyla started forming tears in her eyes.

They walked away from the store and finished buying all her supplies. Then they headed home.

Skyla went straight to bed without any dinner. Sarah and Tom felt terrible, but they decided together not to go back on their decision.