31. Disclosure

Brendon doesn't remember the exact time he fell asleep the night before, but he knows for a fact Tyler had fallen asleep after him. So, when he wakes up, it's a bit surprising to see Tyler had already been awake as well, and it seemed like they have been for a while, too.

He isn't so bothered by that. Instead, what instantly gets his cheeks flushed is how he woke up.

The two of them managed to end up even closer than they were before. Brendon's cheek is pressed to their pec, and, embarrassingly enough, his whole leg is rested on top of theirs while his arms are loose around them. He doesn't move for a moment, he only opens his eyes and examines the situation.

Brendon hadn't realized until now how clingy he really is.

He knows Tyler's awake though because, still, they're playing with his hair distractedly. He wonders whether it was a good decision to expose to them he likes his hair being touched because, ever since, they haven't stopped playing with it.

No. It's definitely a good thing.

After a few minutes of laying there trying to process what to do, he slowly lifts his head a bit and turns to look at Tyler. It's not until then either when he realizes he's drooled, right on their chest and all over his cheek.

If he wasn't blushing before, he definitely is now.

Tyler connects eyes with him, and sheepishly, he wipes it away the back of his hand in shame. They only observe his morning face and brush his hair back.

"I didn't take you for a drooler." They mutter.

Insecurities come quickly at that statement, and Brendon has to defend. A natural riddled response he has built for himself. "I'm-- I'm not." He knows the only reason he did drool is because he got stoned. Truthfully. He wouldn't have otherwise.

Tyler just shakes their head, looking back to the television.

Brendon sighs in response, adamantly falling back onto their chest.

It's only quiet between them for so long, because a subtle worry gets the best of him. Or maybe he wanted to get his mind off the fact that he had drooled on Tyler's chest. Either way, he asks, "Did you sleep okay?"

Easily, Tyler nods. "You kept me warm." They say.

Brendon may just be not-fully-conscious, but instead of letting this pass, he says something very blatant. "You could've put pants on. That. . . That would of kept you warm, too."

He hesitantly glances up at Tyler and is able to watch a smirk grow onto their face. Then, they chuckle, shaking their head once again.

"What?" Brendon wonders.

They bite their lip, closing their eyes momentarily. "You don't even know."

He frowns. "By that you mean,"

Tyler looks down at him, blinking a few times; pondering their answer.

They hum. "In the simplest terms, this is probably the most I've worn to bed in a long time."

Brendon takes it all in and gulps. "Oh." That, really, can only mean one thing, and Brendon understands. He carefully pulls his leg off of theirs and tries not to ponder too hard on all of it, but all he can think is well, what were they wearing the night I spent the night? Yet, it feels dumb to wonder so, because now he has the answer.

He supposed it was nothing. Literally.

Once again, Brendon wants to change the subject. "Have you been up for a while?"