chapter 18 | beach

Jaehwa's POV

Jaehwa: "Hey, how are you doing? Is everyone doing good?"

Naeun: "Yeah, everyone's good. How was your vacation?"

Jaehwa: "It's a long story."

Naeun: "Well, talk fast. Oh and I heard it rained over there. Were you okay?"

Jaehwa: "That's part of the story. Don't talk until I'm finished."

Naeun: "Okay. I'm listening."

Jaehwa: "Okay, so I was hiking and I got lost like always. So I went up to a man nearby and I was talking to him but then I realized he was Jungkook."

Naeun: "Wait, isn't he supposed to be on his tour?"

Jaehwa: "Really?"

Naeun: "Right, sorry. I won't interrupt again."

Jaehwa: "That's what I thought too. So I asked. He said that they get a break when they go on the tours. Then he just happened to stay at the same city, same hotel, one room away. Anyway, then I met my friend. The one from elementary and she's the same age as you."

Naeun: "Oh. Who?"

Jaehwa: "Lee Sooji. I saw her and her boyfriend who she lives with now. She seems pretty happy. Oh and she thought Jungkook and I were a couple. Wait, no why am I telling you this? This isn't what I wanted to talk about."

Naeun: "No, I want to know all about it. You better not leave out any details."

Jaehwa: "Nah, I'll pass. Anyway, rain. I was outside at that time and stupid me left the keys inside my hotel room. So I tried checking the office but it was closed so  I ended up just sleeping at Jungkook's room. And don't worry, nothing happened. He just took care of me."

Naeun: "Well that's good. Now I don't need to be the only one that can take care of you."

Jaehwa: "Meanie."

Naeun: "What? Haha.. Oh by the way, your uncle told me to tell you that we're going to start training tomorrow. It's for our next comeback. He needs you back by afternoon tomorrow. Nothing's changed much. Just that, he wants tot back a few hours earlier. Wait. I gotta go. I'll call you later."

Jaehwa: "Oh okay. Bye."

I end the call and put my phone away. I start packing up for our next comeback. I'm so excited for it. We finished choreography and lyrics. All we need to do figure out who and where each person will be to film. I go outside and knock on Jungkook's hotel door.

"Hey Jungkook. Are you there? It's me, Jaehwa." He opens the door as I look at him.

"Hey, PDnim wants me back so I have to go. Just wanted to say thanks for letting me have such a great time. And to say bye before I leave. So yeah. Oh, and good luck on the rest of your tour. Tell the others I said to not stress out about anything and to have fun."

"I will tell them that. Are you sure you can't stay for a little longer? We could have lunch and then you could leave. When do you have to be there?" Jungkook asks me tilting his head.

"Um.. Tomorrow around noon."

"Okay.. Well. It takes about five hours to drive back and so..." Jungkook mumbles as he looks at the ceiling. Probably doing the math in his head.