chapter 39 | rumors

Jaehwa's POV

Jaehwa: "So what did you want to ask me?"

Mirae: "You know about Jungkook telling Jimin to back off right?"

Jaehwa: "Yeah. I heard."

Mirae: "So what are you and Jungkook exactly?"

Jaehwa: "What do you mean?"

Mirae: "Have you guys progressed?"

Jaehwa: "Well.. Yes. Okay, there's no point of hiding anything with you. We're together now."

Mirae: "Oh. Okay. Then we have three couples in BTS and DREAMS."

Jaehwa: "Well.. We'll still be careful and everything."

Mirae: "Yeah. Of course.. I'm happy for you guys."

Jaehwa: "Thanks eonni.. I actually have one question though.

Mirae: "What?"

Jaehwa: "You know how our dating ban ended at the beginning of this year?"

Mirae: "Yeah, what about it?"

Jaehwa: "It says in our contract that if we date before it, we'd have consequences. And for some groups, it goes to the extent to leaving the group. Why didn't that happen to Eunji eonni and Yoongi oppa?"

Mirae: "Jae.. You really think that Bang PDnim would make Eunji leave? We're why he's so rich right now."

Jaehwa: "Haha.. Okay. But that means he had to bend some rules, right?"

Mirae: "You are a curious little one.. No, they didn't get caught so. Technically, there is no problem to fix in the first place."

Jaehwa: "Ohh.. That makes sense."

Mirae: "Now.. Any other questions before this turns into an interview."

Jaehwa: "No.. Thanks eonni."

Mirae: "Okay. Well, you go have your fun."

Jaehwa: "Hmm.. You too. See you soon."

"Yah. You should go home. Aren't you tired?" Jungkook says to me as he gets out of the bathroom. We were back in the hospital and he had just taken a shower.

"No, I'm good. I can stay here." I tell him. He stays on the bed, scooting closer to me since he still couldn't walk properly. He leans in to play with my hair.

"Thanks but you should go back home and get some rest."

"Fine. I'll go when I see you sleep. So hurry up if you want me to go. Because I am not getting any sleep if you aren't." I said, sitting down more comfortably.

"Okay fine.", He says laying backwards. He gets back up to cover himself with the blanket. I chuckle as I could see him struggle to get part of the blanket to cover his leg. I stand up to get it and slowly cover him with it. I see him snuggling into it, making me smile. "You know. I take really long to sleep. It's fine if you le-"

"Jungkook. I'm staying. Whether you like it or not. I'll get some rest after I see you do the same." I say before he could finish. A few minutes pass, I hear soft snores so I'm assuming he's asleep. I mean I'm pretty sure he is. His cute nose keeps twitching. His mom was right. He's sensitive to smells. Didn't notice that.. I stood, gathering the both of our belongings before taking a look at him again.

"Good night, Jungkook." I whisper before leaving. I smile, thinking about how I got to spend time with Jungkook. Reaching outside, I raise my hand for a cab. It didn't take long until one stopped. I sat down as I waited during the 10 minute drive. Once I arrive home, as expected, the house was dark. His mom and dad says they won't come back home until tomorrow because of work so they decided to stay at a hotel. I walk over to the couch with my phone in my hand. Checking the group twitter, I can see everyone was having a lot of fun. Some were at amusement parks, some were at lakes, some went to the water park. Seems like they all enjoyed their vacation.

I get up anyway because I couldn't sleep. Not only can I not sleep with worry but also because I can't stop thinking about when he pulled me in and we kissed. What is he doing to me? I walk over to Jungkook's room to pack up some things. First, clothes and his phone charger, and some of his skin products. He may be coming back from a hospital but he still is an idol. I go over to his bed and and notice his room smells like him even though he only stayed for a day in this room. What was it about his smell that made me feel so good? Was it the mixture of the sweetness and the musk? Or was it the way it filled the room? The aroma itself just got me missing him already. I quickly take a shower, before heading back up to his room. I sit down at his desk, taking in the view of his room. His mom and dad were super nice to me these past two days and I really can't appreciate them enough. I cross my arms onto the table, leaning my head on it.

How did I not notice his feelings? Or mine, as a matter of fact.. I never would have expected us to actually date. But, now that I was, I just couldn't help but smile. Everything was so overwhelming but it gave me a safe feeling.

And before I could think of anything else, I was fast asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Favorite ult group or bias? Won't be offended if it has nothing to for with BTS? I love hearing different opinions.