Trouble maker at work

Chapter 10

"Nyra! Go clean the hermit crab cage! It smells like shit!" My aunt yelled from the back room. My response was a very unladylike groan.

I grabbed the spray bottle full to the brim with a mixture of distilled water and a light cleaner. The paper towels were already near the cage. All I could do was think of the bad behavior displayed by Dustin. I mean he freaken flipped out. It was so unnecessary... He should just leave me alone.

As I was cleaning the cage I decided the spray bottle was being sufficient enough.

"Carol I'm gonna use the hose for the crabs they are that bad." I said picking up the cage and some gloves and walking it outside.

She muttered something but I doubt I really want to know what it was.

I dragged the large yellow cage past the back of the building to the other side where the hose was and started to rinse the cage off.

I saw a shadow approaching me so I looked up to see a very tan boy with raven hair like mine. His was cut short though. He had very defined muscles that were visible through his black v neck shirt. He also had on a pare of bathing suit trunks.

"Nyra right?" He asked with a deep raspy voice. This kid must be a major smoker.

"Who's asking?" I said looking back at what I was doing so I wouldn't get wet.

"Kenny." And as he said his name I caught the sent of death and cologne off of him.

"You're one of Josh's kin?" I said trying to sound more intimidating.

"I am. But I wanted to talk to you about my buddy." Kenny said with a smirk.

"You're buddy?" I questioned shutting off the water.

"Dustin... He blew a fit over you today and ended up fucking up some stuff for both houses. Stop toying with him. You either like him or you don't. Get a grip on your own emotions a deal with it." He said seeming a little pissed.

"Look" I placed the crabs down on the ground realizing I picked them up at some point. "I have made it clear I have no interests in him. He's obsessed not me. I didn't plan to come threw and mess everything up." I picked the crabs back up and started to walk back to the shop.

He fallowed. When I was by the back door I stopped again.

"Look I'm at work stop fallowing me." That's when I realized where I saw him last. This was the boy outside Coles house. The weird one.

"Fine but I will talk to you more later." He said and started to walk away.

"Yeah! Well good luck finding me." I yelled at his retreating figure.

The rest of the work day was sorta normal. I just went about my business and did what I was told.

Once I had about an hour left of work carol had me go outside and paint some cast irons and some star fish. I sat myself out back and started painting. Once I was done painting them all I signed out of work, went to my bag and grabbed a new shirt. I threw on a crop top with a pineapple on it.

Once I was outside my phone buzzed in my pocket. Nick texted.

"Hey I'm at the pier when you are done come by."

" on my way." I texted back and started to walk to McMillan pier.

Kids from town go pier jumping there. They do flips and all sorts of stuff. Dallas goes every day that she is here.

Dallas is one of my oldest friends. She and I have known each other since I was seven. She may be two years younger than me but she acts so much older. I'm pretty sure she left for the summer though.

Once I got to the pier I found nick pretty quickly. He was watching the kids jump off the pier from a distance so he wouldn't get wet. I walked up next to him and smiles slightly.

"It looks like so much fun..." He said in a daze.

"It is." I muttered next to him.

" I want to try it. But then again the people..." He grumbled miserably.

"It's not worth it. Trust me." I said placing my hand on his back. "Last time I jumped a kid jumped on me and I almost drowned."

"It's not like I could drown anyways."he really wants too.

"We could go sometime. But we would have to be careful." I said with a devilish smile.

"Really? Cole would have a heart attack. Or Dustin would kill me."

"So why would they need to know?" I said carefully.

He just smiled. He's gonna get into so much trouble being my friend.