Beach Bound

I have been at Joe's cafe for about five minutes, till my right hand started to hurt. The pain is almost like frost bite. This feeling of cold nipping the base of my hand. It is almost unsettling. I have looked my hand over, but there is nothing there to do this. Just a hand.

"Okay what do you keep looking at?" Kaito asked taking a slurp of his coffee.

I take one more glance at my hand. "It hurts. I don't know why." I answer calmly, reaching for my green tea. I love tea. Tea is so nice. It's calming. It's tea that's what makes it amazing.

"Let me see your hand." he states placing his hand on the table with his palm facing up. I shyly place my hand in his. He examines my dainty hand in his. "Where does it hurt? Here?" He questions pointing to my thumb.

"Yeah, how'd you know?" I asked tilting my head slightly to the right.

"There is a blue bubble on your hand. Or at least that's what it looks like." He replied as he continued examining my hand. I looked at my hand long and hard. How could I have gotten this thing on my hand?

"Anyways, are you done with work for the day because I was thinking we could go to this party at race point together. I mean emi is out on that date so why not?" He asked sounding nervous. And I simply shook my head.

"Not today, Kaito. I can't I have to take the bus home remember." I said looking at my bare feet. I kicked my Chuck Taylor's off back at the break water and just never put them back on.

"I can drive you home, ya know? And it would be fun. Maybe we can call Emi and she can move her date there and we all can drive home together, how does that sound?" He asked shooting out ideas.

"I'll ask emi. But I don't know." I said reaching for my phone in my back pocket. I typed her number in and let it ring. She finally answered at last second.

"Hey, Emi, apparently there is a party at race point now do you want to go? Bring your date with you." I said into the phone.

"Ooh that sounds like fun. I'm up for it. Where will we meet you? Maria's?" She asked a little to quickly.

"Yeah... Sure. And Kaito is taking us so we don't have to walk." I said than hung up. "We are gonna meet them at Maria's cafe. Come on." I said coldly. I picked up my tea and slipped my shoes on. Kaito grabbed his coffee and started to walk with me.

"So who's going to be at this beach party? Anyone I would know or am I going to get annoyed later?" I guess I could have been nicer about this but I really don't care at the moment. My hand is still burning and I am super thirsty. So who cares.

I gulp down the rest of my tea as fast as my small mouth will allow and longingly stare at the empty cup.

"Uh let's see Jenn is going with her crew and josh and his gang. Cole and his gang too. I'm sure some others are going as well." He said arching his shoulders to signal he couldn't care less.

"Oh joy." I stated solemnly. My feet started to feel like led as I walked and I no longer really wants to go.

Jenn is the pretty princess of the school. Perfect auburn hair, perfect tan skin, and perfect rich life. Her group hates me with a burning passion.

I, on the other hand, am not pretty or anything. I'm just me. I have fair skin, raven hair, and I'm not the wealthiest person out there. But I do have something they all don't. I have an odd eye color. My eyes are amethyst colored.

"Look I know you hate them but come on ill be there" he said pointing his thumb back at himself. This action made me chuckle.

"Please, you rock and all, it's just those girls... They annoy the crape out of me." I started to trip while attempting to jump on the curb of the road.