Interactions

After precisely fifteen minutes, Carly's silver sedan pulls up into my driveway. Grabbing my purse, I run downstairs and shout in the general direction of my mom "ByeMomI'mgoingtoCarly'sIwon'tdie!"

"Um, okay Gwen. Call me if you need a ride." She responds, unsure how to handle her typically antisocial daughter's sudden desire to leave the house.

The doorbell rings, and I open it to find Carly standing there with a huge grin on her delicate face. "Hi!"

"Oh. Hi Carly. How are you? Um..."

"Ask her if she wants to come in!" My mom walks up behind me. "Hi, dear. How have you been? Still playing flute?"

"It's nice to see you too, Mrs. Weaver! Actually, I just had All-State auditions last week."

"How'd they go?"

"Um, I got in!"

"Oh, that's great."

"Thank you."

"I keep trying to get Gwen to practice her monolouges for that theatre troupe she wants to get in-"

"Mom! Stop it."

"What? Maybe she can teach you a thing or too."

I turn to Carly, who's enjoying the spectacle with a moderate grin on her face. "Carly, shouldn't we be going?"

"Oh, Gwen, ask her if she'd want something to drink." My mom interjects.

"She's standing right there."

"Actually, Mrs. Weaver, Faust is in the car right now, so we should be going."

"Alright, Carly. Well, it was nice to see you. Keep Gwen out of trouble!" She gives me an awkward side hug.

We head out to the car, Carly climbing into the driver's seat. I open the door to the passenger seat, to find Faust already sitting there.

"Backseat." He commands.

"Carly! Why'd you bring him along?"

"Because he's my boy-"

"Because I'm her boyfriend."

"C'mon Gwen, I already told you he'd be here."

"I was just hoping you were lying." I say, strapping myself in behind Faust.

"I was just hoping Carly was lying about you being her friend."

"Shut up Faust."

"So's your mom."

"That doesn't even make sense!" I say, kicking his seat.

"Your face doesn't make sense!"

"If you two don't stop fighting, so help me, I WILL turn this car around!"

"Yes Mom." Faust retorts, and I can't help but laugh.

After an angry spout of arguing between me and Faust, Carly decides on pizza. We slip into a booth near the window and Carly wanders off to 'freshen up".

"Mmmm." He says, taking a massive bite of his mushroom pizza.

"Ew. Put that away." I wrinkle my nose at the earthy smell.

"What ever could you mean?" He says, his brown eyes smirking at me over his lunch.

"Mushrooms are disgusting. I hate them."

"I know, that's why I ordered them."

"Asshole."

"Stop talking about donkey orifices!" He yells, turning the heads of everyone in the restaurant.