Flour Power

A/N This is my first fic and I'm writing it at 11 PM but whatever. Enjoy!

Rose scratched her head and looked up at the smoke rising from the flat.

"Oops," she heard John say behind her.

Earlier that day

"Oops," she heard John say behind her. Rose pushed the cookie sheet into the oven, and then turned around to see a white powder all over the kitchen floor. John was covered from head to toe in chalky flour, and holding an empty bag. Rose sighed.

"You have to mess up something as simple as measuring flour don't you?" she said with a smirk.

"But... but..." he stammered. "How was I supposed to know that it would go everywhere if I pulled really hard to open it?

"Oh I don't know, superior part Time Lord knowledge maybe?" Rose laughed. It was a beautiful sound that brought a goofy smile to John's face every time he heard it. "Now go wash up before you get it everywhere."

John turned and started to head towards the bathroom to shower, but then whipped around and ran towards Rose. She screamed and tried to run away but he caught her and grabbed her from behind, lifting her up into the air.

"No! No! Put me down!" she giggled. He set her down onto her feet and she twisted around to see her back. "Now look what you've done, you went and got flour all over my back," she said, sticking her tongue out and pouting. John pulled her towards himself.

"Well you should have flour all over your front as well so it's even." He leaned down and gave her a quick peck on the lips, then laughed when he looked at her. There was white where his forehead had touched hers, a flour mustache above her lips, a dot on her nose, and an unimpressed look on her face

"Let's go clean up this flour, my flower," he said to Rose. She playfully hit his arm.

"You will pay for this," she hissed.

"Oooh, somebody is grumpy!" he teased. John slid his arms around to her sides, and a look of surprise came over Rose's face when she realized what he was about to do.

"Don't. You. Bloody. Dare," she said through clenched teeth. But it was too late. John had already started tickling her and had her on the floor in seconds.

"Stop... I... can't... breathe..." she laughed. They were interrupted by a shrill ringing coming from the kitchen. Rose looked over and saw thick smoke rising from the doorway. "Shit..." She turned to John. "I was making cookies, now look what you've done." A sad, hurt puppy look came over his face (A/N- Yes. You know which look I am talking about)

"Rose Tyler," he started. "I-"

"Oh, it's alright! We need to get out of here immediately. You can be sorry later." She grabbed his hand and ran out the front door.

Rose scratched her head and looked at the smoke rising from the flat.

"Oops," she heard John say behind her. She turned around and saw a look of guilt on his face. "This is all my fault."

Rose walked over and hugged him.

"This isn't your fault, I wasn't paying attention. It is my fault," she sighed. "I just phoned the fire department, they will be here any moment."

"I'm so stupid. I shouldn't have been distracting you, I'm so sor-" Rose cut his rambling off with a kiss.

"Nothing is ever your fault," she whispered once they pulled away from each other.

"Rose Tyler," John started. "I love you."

All character credits go to BBC