~One~

"Are you ready to go?" Bailey yelled through the bathroom door.

Our friend Nate was throwing a end of the year party at his house and since Bailey was his girlfriend and my ride home we had to spend the night.

"Almost!" I yelled back.

I pulled a white V-Neck tank top over my head and slipped on a pair of high waisted denim shorts. I touched up my winged eyeliner and checked my loosely curled auburn hair before stepping out of the bathroom.

"Okay I'm ready" I smiled at Bailey and skipped to the door.

We walked down the stairs and out to Bailey's blue Volkswagen Jetta. We got into the car and buckled our seat belts before Bailey peeled out of the driveway.

We arrived at Nate's in record timing. It was 8 o'clock and there were already tons of people here.

Bailey and I walked through the front door and into the kitchen.

I watched as Bailey waved to some of Nate's friends and pecked him on the cheek.

"Hey guys!" He wrapped his arm around Bailey's shoulder and smiled at me.

"Hey Nate" I smiled back.

"I have someone I want you to meet!" He exclaimed and stood on his tiptoes to look over the crowd.

I looked at Bailey and raised an eyebrow, she shrugged and laughed as Nate was snapping his fingers and waving his arms.

"Mark come here!" Nate shouted.

A tall blonde haired boy moved through the crowd and stood beside me.

"What's up?" The boy asked.

"I would like you to meet Lux" Nate motioned to me.

"Hey Lux, I'm Mark" He smiled.

"Hey" I smiled back.

Nate and Bailey walked away and disappeared into the crowd. Mark and I exchanged a look and walked into the living room.

"Do you want something to drink?" He asked.

"Uhh sure, thanks" I answered.

"Okay I'll be right back, wait here" He spun on his heels and walked back to the kitchen.

I glanced around the room and moved out of the way. I sat on the side of the couches armrest so a burly drunk guy could get past.

The boy was so drunk that he stumbled by and knocked me over.

I fell backwards onto the couch and into some guys lap.

"Shit, sorry" I looked up into the boys eyes.

He had dreamy hazel eyes and long black eyelashes. He was wearing a burgundy coloured hat that he wore backwards. He had dark brown hair that peeked through the hat and a defined jawline.

"It's okay. I'm Sam by the way" He seductively smiled.

I noticed Mark making his way through the crowd. He let out an awkward laugh and smiled at me.

"Do you want to go outside?" He stuck out his hand.

"Sure" I answered and placed my hand in his.

Mark pulled me over the armrest and out of Sam's lap.

"See you around Sam" I smirked walking away.

"I didn't get your name!" He yelled from the couch.

"It's Lux!" I yelled back.

I shot him a smile and was dragged away by Mark grabbing my hand.

We walked outside and sat around a fire with 2 girls and a boy. The smaller girl had black hair and dark eyes, the other girl had brown hair and blue eyes, where as the boy had brown hair and green eyes, he had a pale face and looked stoned out of his mind.

"So what did Sam have to say?" Mark asked me.

"Nothing, he just introduced himself. Why?" I pushed my hair behind my shoulders.

"Just wondering. He's known for hitting on chicks" Mark took a sip of his drink.

"It's true, when I first met Sam he put on his charm and I couldn't resist, sadly I made the mistake of hooking up with him" The black haired girl shrugged.

"Yea, he did the same thing to Lisa, Carol, Diana and probably tons more. He's a total player" The brunette added.

"I heard he knocked up some girl back in Phoenix when he was visiting Kenny" The black haired girl gasped.

"Not to be rude or anything but it sounds like you guys are just going off on what you heard and if he is like that then that's his problem not yours" I shrugged.

"Lux likes Sam" The pale faced boy sang.

"I don't even know the kid" I pulled my knees to my chest.

"Then why are you standing up for him?" Mark crossed his arms.

"Because he's not here to stand up for himself" I answered, standing up and dusting my butt off.

I left the fire and walked back to the house. I saw Sam standing in the doorway with a big smirk on his face.

"Thanks for standing up for me" He licked his lips.

"No problem" I said squeezing past him causing our bodies to brush against each other.

Once into the house I turned around and shot Sam a smile before facing forward and walking away.

"Hey wait up!" Sam called after me.

I stopped and turned around to face him.

"Do you by any chance blaze?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Sometimes" I shrugged.

"C'mon" He grabbed my wrist and pulled me back outside.

Sam cleared his throat and the two girls sitting around the fire whispered the word look and pointed at Sam and I.

Sam looked at the girls, then at me, then back at the girls. He had a small grin on his face and flipped the group off.

I let out a small laugh which caused Sam to laugh too. He threw his arm around my shoulder and led us to an empty patch of grass.

The sprinklers went off a while ago leaving the grass slightly wet. Sam took off his sweatshirt revealing his toned stomach followed by a black crew neck T-Shirt. He placed his sweatshirt on the ground and pulled a joint out of his pocket.

Sam sat down on his sweatshirt and patted a small spot beside him.

There was limited space to sit so when I sat down our bodies were touching.

He lit the joint and took the first puff. I watched as he sucked in and slowly removed the joint from his lips. He held in the smoke for a few seconds then let it all out.

He passed me the joint and I did the same. We repeated this a few more times until the joint was half gone.

Sam leaned back on his left hand and passed me the joint. I leaned back on my right hand and placed it just below Sam's. I noticed Sam slowly leaning in but acted as if I didn't notice.

He was inches from my face and I could feel his hot breath on my cheek.

"Is this one of your moves?" I whispered.

"Do you want it to be?" He brushed his lips against the corner of my mouth as a smile formed on his face.

"Nice try lover boy" I held in a smile and put the joint to my lips.