~Nineteen~

I started work around noon and did my usual boring routine. I threw my bag in my locker, tied an apron around my waist and grabbed some menus.

It was now 5:00 and the dinner rush was starting to pile in.

I took the orders of table 3, 7 and 9 which consisted of a family, an elderly couple and a recently married husband and wife.

"Lux table 11 needs a waitress" One of the hostess' told me.

I walked to table 11 and took the teenage girls' orders. I turned around to walk away and made direct eye contact with Sam.

I looked at who he was with and it was the Jacks, Mallory, Leigh and Cara.

Mallory and Leigh must have seen me too because before I could blink they were by my side.

"Im so sorry, the Jacks invited us and we didn't know she was coming" Leigh clarified.

"Yea and she's so boring" Mallory added.

"Guys it's fine. I'm gonna get back to work. Have fun tonight" I faked a smile and hugged them both.

I again turned around and stared at the ground as I walked away.

I bumped into someone and they placed their hands on my waist.

"Lux are you okay?" Morgan asked.

"I'm fine" I told him taking a step back.

"Are you sure? You look like you're about to cry" He stroked my cheek.

"I'm fine" I raised my voice and took another step away from him.

"You can tell me" He lowered his head to look at me and took my hands in his.

"Morgan I'm fine! Can you please back the fuck off!" I screamed, jerking my hands out of his.

The dining area went silent and everyone stared at Morgan and I.

"We'll take it from here" Gilinsky patted Morgan on the back and Johnson placed his hand between my shoulder blades.

I watched as Morgan walked away and into the back room.

Leigh and Mallory returned to my side with Sam and Cara closely behind.

"What was that all about?" Cara asked me.

"Nothing" I responded flatly.

"We'll be right back" Gilinsky told everyone and Leigh nodded and smiled at me.

Gilinsky wrapped his arm around my shoulder and walked with me out of the dining area.

"Are you okay?" He stepped in front of me.

"I really need people to stop asking me if I'm okay. Obviously I'm not if my boyfriend cheated on me with his ex and the next day he takes her out on a date to a place where I work" I started to tear up.

He opened his arms and I walked into them. I buried my head in his chest and let the hot tears fall down my cheeks.

"Shh, it'll be fine. You both will get through this" Gilinsky whispered.

"He's already moved on and I can barely hold myself together" I cried.

"Believe me, he hasn't moved on. He just needs someone who he thinks will replace you and he seems to think it's Cara. Just find a random guy at Johnson's birthday bash in 3 weeks and make Sam jealous" Gilinsky winked.

"Yea I'll totally do that" I rolled my eyes.

Gilinsky pulled me in for one last hug before he went back to his table.

"Uhm Lux?" My manager tapped my shoulder.

"Yea Karina?" I faked a smile.

"I know you've worked here for almost 2 years but what happened with you and Morgan tonight is very unprofessional. So what I'm trying to say is that.. You're fired.. I'm so sorry" She stared at the ground.

I stood there in shock. First I lose my boyfriend and now I lose my job. Nice.

I left the restaurant without saying goodbye to anyone.

I called Bailey and got a ride home.

"So she just straight up fired you for that?" Bailey asked shocked.

"Yup" I answered.

"And Sam didn't even try to console you?" She asked, shocked again.

"No, why would he? He's with Cara now" I shrugged.

"Ugh he makes me so mad!" She groaned "This weekend at Johnson's birthday party I'm going to hook you up with a boy and we're going to make Sam jealous as fuck!" She yelled.

Once Bailey turned the car off I stepped out and pulled my house key out of my bag.

"I know for a fact he still cares about you, whenever I mention your name he stops whatever he's doing and listens" She pulled out her phone.

"Can we talk about something else? I don't think I've had a conversation today that doesn't involve Sam" I said walking into the house.

"Oh sorry" She awkwardly chuckled.