~Twenty-One~

Ben draped his arm around my shoulder before we walked into Johnson's house.

The house was packed with people and the smell of alcohol and weed filled the air.

"Lux you came!" Gilinsky shouted.

"Lux is here?!" I heard Johnson yell.

They both came running over to me and hugged me tight.

"You dyed your hair" Johnson noticed.

I nodded and laughed.

"It suits you" They both said.

"Thanks. Anyways, this is Ben. Ben this is Johnson and Gilinsky" I introduced them.

"Hey" They said to each other.

"We're gonna go grab a drink. I'll talk to you guys later" I hugged them both before taking Ben's hand and leading him towards the kitchen.

"Who's that guy? He keeps staring at us" Ben secretly nudged his head to where the boy was.

I quickly glanced around the room and saw that the guy that was staring at us was Sam.

His arm was around Cara's waist and she looked like she was rambling on about something unimportant.

"That's Sam" I quietly said.

A grin grew across Ben's face and before I knew it he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and placed a hand on my back. He dipped me and hovered his lips over mine.

"I bet if I kiss you right now he'll regret cheating on you" He wiggled his eyebrows.

I placed a hand on his cheek and pecked his lips.

He brushed his lips against mine and kissed me.

We kissed for a few minutes until we heard someone clear their throat.

I broke apart from Ben and leaned my head back to see Sam and Cara standing above me.

Ben lifted me up and placed his hand on my hip.

"Hey" I said cooly.

"Hey. Your hair looks really good" Sam said.

"Thanks" I replied.

"You think that looks good? But you won't let me dye mine. Thanks Sam" Cara scoffed and walked away.

"Cara seriously!" Sam shouted and rolled his eyes.

I leaned my head on Ben's shoulder and laughed a bit.

"Are you high?" Sam asked.

"Yea, I think that cookie just kicked in" I looked up at Ben and started laughing hysterically.

When I calmed down Sam asked me another question.

"So how long have you two been dating for?" He awkwardly asked.

"We're not together" Ben and I answered in sync.

Sam looked at me then at Ben. A confused look grew across his face but disappeared once Cara returned.

"Well good talk, we're going to grab something to drink. See you around" I waved to Sam and Cara.

Ben and I walked into the big backyard and filled our cups up with beer.

As the night progressed Ben and I continued to smoke pot and drink beer.

"Let's jump off the roof into the pool" Ben suggested.

I grabbed his hand without a word and dragged him up the stairs.

We walked into what I think was Gilinksy's bedroom.

I opened the window beside his bed and crawled onto the roof. Ben followed and we walked to the edge.

The pool was directly below us. With one jump we would be underwater.

I grabbed Ben's hand and looked at him. He nodded and we jumped.

"Happy birthday JJ!" I screamed before we hit the water.

Ben and I surfaced and I found Bailey, Nate, Sam and Cara standing on the edge of the pool.

Ben climbed out first and helped me out.