~Eighteen~

I woke up and stretched my arms into the air.

I sluggishly rolled out of bed and walked down the hallway to the bathroom.

I looked into the mirror and saw my puffy red eyes.

"Are you okay?" Bailey asked me from the doorway.

I nodded and looked down at the ground.

"Sam's here" She said quietly.

"I don't want to talk to him right now" I bit my lip.

"Okay I'll tell him" She replied walking downstairs.

I splashed some water on my face and dried it off with a towel.

"I just want to talk to her for a second" I heard Sam say as I walked down the hallway.

I quickly walked into my bedroom and shut the door.

I crawled into bed and threw the blankets over my head.

The door opened and I heard someone who I'm guessing was Sam take a deep breath.

"Baby?" He said softly.

"Go away" I responded.

I felt the bed sink beside me and a hand placed on my side.

"Please go away" My body jumped when he touched me.

"Lux let me explain" He replied.

I groaned, removed the blanket from over my head and rolled over onto my stomach. I buried my head in my pillow and let my tears soak into the fabric.

"You're right I did want to see if there was still a connection between Cara and I which there was but I didn't mean to hurt you" He placed his hand on my back and drew a design with his finger.

Tears soaked into the pillow case and the image of Sam kissing Cara shirtless popped into my head.

"Please say something" He said softly.

I propped myself on my elbows and moved my hair to one side. I wiped the smeared tears off my face and cleared my throat.

"Just let me be alone" I pleaded.

Sam laid next to me and went to move a piece of my hair. I pulled away and rolled out of bed.

I walked around my bed and stood by the door.

"Please" I lowered my head and stared at the ground.

Sam got off of my bed and made his way towards my bedroom door.

I avoided eye contact and walked back to my bed and crawled into it.

"Sam c'mon, its time for us to leave" Nate said to Sam.

I heard multiple footsteps walk down the stairs and out the front door.

I sat up and pulled my knees to my chest.

"I'm so sorry, he kind of forced himself in" Bailey said.

"It's fine" I shrugged.

Bailey laid on her back across the foot of my bed and looked at me.

"Do you think Sam was that unhappy with our relationship that he would cheat on me? Or do you think he's still in love with Cara?" I asked.

"I don't know what to think. I mean, yea he makes a lot of bad decisions but the best decision he's made is you. Nate told me that Sam talks about you all the time and that he's never talked about a girl that much since.. Her. But look at it this way, Cara believed everything she heard about Sam where as you never have. Sam just needs to realize that" She smiled at me.

Bailey made a lot of sense, I never believed anything I heard about Sam but I doubt that's a good enough reason for Sam to stay with me. I'm not his first love.

First loves are people you compare others too, the ones that you would always go back too, they're the people that leave an imprint on your heart, they're the people that can always brighten your mood, they're the ones you will never forget.

I shrugged and started to bite my lip.

"I'm going to have a shower and get ready for work" I slid off my bed and walked into the bathroom.

I stepped into the shower and let the hot beads of water run down my body.

I thought about Sam and his cute face. I thought about the way his dimples show up when he smiles or laughs, the way his eyes light up when I tell him I love him and the way his lips feel against mine.

I stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my body. I walked back into my bedroom and looked at myself in the mirror.

Is it the way I look? Am I too short? 5'2 isn't that short is it?