~Eleven~

Sam went home around 1:00am after we finished watching Dude, Where's My Car? Last night was great, except for the whole Mark thing. Sam really is a sweet guy and he makes me really happy. I know we've only been dating for a couple days but when you know, you know.

When he mentioned Cara I got a little uncomfortable when he said 'she was his first love' but I guess I brought that upon myself seeing as I wanted to know what happened.

I started work at 11:00am and it was 9:30 right now.

I had a quick shower and rummaged through my closet to find one of my work dresses.

I finally found one. It was another black dress that ended mid thigh and had 3/4 length sleeves. I did my usual routine and straightened my hair.

I skipped down the stairs and made myself cinnamon toast. When I finished my breakfast I called a cab and got a ride to work.

I didn't bother asking Bailey because she stayed the night at Nate's and I didn't ask Sam because he was probably still sleeping.

I arrived at work just in time for my shift. I threw my stuff into my locker and rounded the corner into the dining area.

I guess I rounded it too fast because the next thing I knew I smoked my head on someone's shoulder.

"I'm so sorry" I looked up.

I looked directly into Morgan's eyes. I felt my blood temperature rise and my eyes almost pop out of their sockets.

"Lux calm down, it's okay" He chuckled.

I shot him a quick fake smile and walked around him to grab some menus.

I avoided Morgan surprisingly for the rest of the day. It was 6:00 now and I had 1 hour left until I could go home.

"Lux, table 9 made a request for you to be their waitress" Lucy, one of my co-workers winked.

I shot her a confused look and walked to table 9.

As I turned the corner I noticed a boy with brown hair and shining hazel eyes.

"Sam? What are you doing here?" I couldn't hold back my smile.

"I came to visit you at work, duh" He stood up and pressed his soft lips against my cheek.

"Aweh, that's sweet" I giggled, fixing a few strands of his hair.

"By the way, these are my friends Jack Johnson and Jack Gilinsky" He motioned his hand towards the two boys that were sitting across from him.

"Nice to meet you guys, I'm Lux" I waved.

"We know, he talks about you a lot" Johnson grinned.

I looked at Sam who returned to his seat and crossed his arms.

"It's cute" I smiled down at Sam.

"Whatever" He smirked at me.

I let out a chuckle and pulled a pen out of my apron pocket.

"What can I get you guys?" I asked.

They took a while to fully decide on what they wanted but eventually Johnson ordered Salmon, while Gilinsky and Sam ordered a steak each.

I gave Sam a kiss and walked to the kitchen to pass the chef their order.

I made my way to table 3 and took their order. Next was table 7 which was just a couple down from Sam's.

"What can I start you guys off with to drink?" I asked two boys.

"I wouldn't mind a tall glass of you" One of the boys joked.

"Sorry but that's not on the menu" I fake laughed.

"Too bad, I guess we'll just get water" He winked.

I nodded and walked away to grab their waters.

I was no more than a few steps out of the dining area when I heard shouting.

The voice that was yelling sounded familiar so I spun on my heels and rounded the corner.