×22×

10:15 a.m.

"Hey," I walked back in the room and Valentina was talking with her aunt. She looked at me and her eyes watered so fast.

"Chucky," she whispered and I nodded. I walked over to her bed and she scooted over.

"I'll give you two some space," Lily said and Valentina nodded.

"Thanks titi," she said and Lily kissed her forehead and left.

"I'm sorry princesa. I shouldn't have yelled at you," I said and she started crying. I laid next to her and she cuddled against my chest.

"Don't cry princesa. I'm sorry for how I reacted. I shouldn't have. I just- I've been trying so fucking hard to keep you safe all of this time, then Oscar comes and sets a fucking claim on you. I couldn't handle that I'm sorry. I shouldn't have gotten mad at you. You're my sister and I love you so much," I sniffled and she hugged me tight.

"I love you too Beni. I'm sorry I made you mad. I should've stayed away from him and the Santos." She cried and I rubbed her back. "I like him Benito, I really like him."

"He likes you too preciosa. He was so scared when he called me." I said and she gave me a lopsided smile. "He cares."

"I know," she said nuzzling back on my chest. I rubbed her back soothingly until she calmed down and stopped crying.

"Valentina, everything I do is so you can be safe, you know that right?" I whispered and she nodded. "I love you so much princesa."

"I know Beni," she sniffled. "I love you so much too. Thank you for everything you do."

"You don't have to thank me for that," I said holding back my tears. "I'd do it all over again. You're my sister I'd do anything for you."

She held onto my arm tight for a second, and she rubbed her eyes, "I'm tired Chucky."

"Go to sleep mamita," I said and she closed her eyes.

It's been a while since she fell asleep and I was falling asleep too when I heard the door open.

"Benito," I heard her voice and my heart started beating faster. I let go off Valentina careful not to wake her up.

"Giselle," I frowned and she sighed. I stood up and she reached for my arm, but I took a step back.

"Benito, I'm your mother you have to forgive me one day." She said and I shook my head chuckling.

"I don't have a mother," I said and those words burned my throat. I clenched my jaw and she started crying. "Valentina is okay. It was just the migraines. She needs to get checked up. Her migraines hadn't been this bad in a long time. Don't worry about the money, I'll take care of it. Like I always do."

"Benito please," she sobbed grabbing my arm and I yanked my arm back.

"Goodbye Giselle," I said and kissed Valentina's forehead. "Love you princesa."

"Please forgive me Benito," she said and I frowned.

"Forgive you? No ma. I can't. You kicked me out to bring that man to our house and if it wasn't for me Valentina would've been kicked out too." I frowned and took a step closer to her.

"All that for what? He only abused you and took all your money. Because of him Valentina went through a lot of shit, and I had to pay for everything. I had to take care of Valentina. I had to take Valentina to the doctor every time she got sick. Pay for her medicines. Me, I did that all by myself. Thank God, for Valentina's family on her dad's side. They helped so much, because you couldn't." She cleaned her tears but it was pointless more kept coming out.

"I slept on the streets for a good amount of time until Oscar's dad took me in. I had to sell an incredible amount of drugs to save money to fucking move out. I did a lot of stupid shit that I regret for all that I have today. And you want me to forgive you because you asked for it? No ma," I seethed with tears running down my face.

"Benito I'm trying to be better. I have a job now. I'm clean," she said and I shook my head backing up.

"Okay and? Is that supposed to erase all I had to go through with Valentina? You claim you've changed but where the fuck were you? You weren't at work so? Per usual, I'm the one who has to take care of Valentina," I started ranting.

"Everything I do is for her, so she can be okay. As long as she is okay, I'm okay. Though I regret most of what I've done I'd do it all over again if it means Valentina is going to be okay. I'm more of a parent to her than you'll ever be. You don't give a fuck about Valentina. You act like you do, but you don't. It fucking pisses me off because she doesn't see it like that. She actually thinks you've changed, but I don't." I said and I saw Valentina shifting in the bed.

"Benito what's going on?" Valentina woke up and I cleaned my tears. "Why are you crying?"

"It's nothing preciosa. I have to go. I'll see you around," I kissed her forehead and she hugged me.

"Benito please be careful," she whispered holding onto me tightly. "I love you."

"I love you too preciosa," I kissed her cheek and left.

-end-
I'm crying big time