Chapter 1

I was taken when I was eight years old. All the kids who were in the van with me that night were taken from their homes, their families slaughtered. I was from California and they transfered us to a warehouse in Texas.

   They used us, all the kids as their drug mules. We would transport drugs from border to border. They would stuff the drugs in our toys, dolls, stuffed animals, anything and everything. We were kids they would never suspect us. They trained us, they beat us and they starved us.

    That's how it was for years, unfortunately some of us didn't make it from the harsh living conditions they had us in. They fed us once a day and they kept us in a dark warehouse with no windows or lighting. The heat was unbearable, we would be huddled up in a corner of the warehouse, it was non stop sweating and without any water alot of us didn't make it.

   I was one of the lucky ones, If you can even call that lucky. They only let us shower on the days that we had to make a drug run. If we were clean nobody would suspect anything. Since we were kids we were assigned a surrogate mother or father to make drug runs with.

   Why didnt I try to run away you may ask? Well the answer is many tried but nobody made it. They were shot and killed instantly. They had eyes and ears everywhere, there was no escaping. Who took us you may ask? Well it was the Galindo Cartel, the rivals of the Alvarez Cartel, enemies of my father.

I've been here for seven long years, that's most of my childhood. I'm not sure how much longer I was going to last here. But everything changed after years of being their drug mule, one of my pretend fathers started seeing me differently. Less as a girl and more as a woman, I was fifteen at the time. He hadn't tried anything yet, but I knew it was only a matter of time.