All Because Of A School Project-@JulzLov1D4Eva

I walked confidently into the hall way of Mission Creek High. It was my first day and I was determined to make friends with someone, and hopefully meet the love of my life. I know that that sounds like an old soap-drama cliché, but I've had boys overlook me for my entire life, and I just want to meet one really cool guy that actually notices me for a change. I'm probably the only student here who hasn't had some sort of a love life.

I ran into my first class, chemistry, wanting to get there early in order to get a good seat. I skidded into the room and looked around, slightly shocked. Turns out that Mission Creek starts at eight o'clock, not half past eight like my old school did. Next thing I knew, the teacher was at the front of the room, and class had started. The teacher, who looked to me like and old hag, looked up at me suddenly, muttering to herself constantly. I gulped, and stared back. She stood up straight and eyed me cautiously. 

'Going to stand there all day, dear?' She asked, her voice surprisingly soft. 

I took a moment to register what she meant, suddenly realizing that everyone else had already been seated. 

'Crap' I mumbled to myself, and weaved my way to the only free seat in the class, which was at the front of the room. I'm not a very confident student when it comes to sciences, so I always sat somewhere close to the back. Only, this time I didn't mind sitting at the front, at least, not while a hot brunette sat next to me. 

I quickly sat down, slightly awkwardly, and glanced at the boy next to me. Hot doesn't even begin to describe the guy. His hazel eyes, I would die over them! Made me wonder, why was no one sitting next to a handsome boy like him?

I looked away from him quickly, kind of regretfully. I didn't want to freak the guy out! 

I turned my attention back to the teacher, who was saying something about a partnered assignment. I tried to piece together what she was saying, when all of a sudden she started reading names out. Our partners. I gulped slightly, looking around the room at the high-fiving pairs. I held my breath, suspense building up. I wanted to get someone good for this assignment, especially my first one at this school. 

The list of names drew to an end, which meant mine, and my partner's, were sadly the last to be called out. I was with some guy named Chase Davenport. I sighed, and looked around the room again. Everyone else seemed to be partnered up, and I couldn't see this Chase anywhere.

Someone cleared their throat beside me, making me jump slightly. I spun around to find the hot guy looking at me nervously. I raised an eyebrow. 

'Chase?' I asked, kind of hopefully. He nodded, straining a sort of smile. I bit my lip. 

'And you're Julia I'm guessing' he said, more factually than asking.  

'Yep' I replied, chuckling. 

He nodded again, and looked down at his textbook, making him look even cuter, if that was even possible. 

'Um, do you want to work on this assignment at my place, after school, with me, together?' He asked.

I raised an eyebrow, confused.

'I mean, if you want,' he continued, 'I can just do all the work and say we both did it during presentation'. 

'Why would I want that?' I asked. 'It's a pair project, of course we have to do it together'. 

He laughed slightly, still looking down at his textbooks. 

'Yeah, OK, sure. Um, stupid assumption, I know. People partnered with me usually just can't be bothered doing anything, and I end up doing all the work. I don't mind though, to be perfectly honest. Gets the work done quicker'.