Chapter 21

The next day the off feeling of the sword returns, I eye the sword as I sit cross legged on one of the bed's in Joseph and Avdol's room while everyone has a conversation around me.

« Ava, » I hear Jotaro call.

« Hmm? »

« Do you want to come with us? »

I eye the sword clutched in Polenarff's fist but sigh, Jotaro's probably right and I'm just on edge.

« Sure, » I agree cheerfully and follow Jotaro and Polenarff out the door.

Jotaro and I look back at Polenarff who has stopped in front of a barber shop,

"Let's stop in here for a moment," he calls cheerfully.

"Shouldn't we take that thing to the police station first?"

"It's fine, a shave sounds really good right now."

Polenarff opens the door and I trudge my way over with Jotaro and enter the small barber shop that is brightly illuminated by the sun shining brightly through the large front window.

Polenarff dramatically throws himself into the chair and the barber drapes a black smock over Polenarff. The barber then turns to me and stares at me in awe.

"Please forgive me for staring miss but your hair is quite gorgeous, it reminds me of the sky at sunset over the Nile."

I blush at the compliment and nervously wrap my long tendrils around my finger.

"Oh, thank you sir."

"Can I do anything for you today? You would look great in a shoulder length bob!"

"No thank you sir, I like my hair long. But thank you for the offer."

The barber gives me a shrug and a sweet smile before turning his attention to Polenarff. I take a seat next to Jotaro and smile when I see him absorbed in a marine life magazine, I look around and feel my eyes grow heavy. I lean against Jotaro's shoulder and close me eyes for a quick nap, I smile when I feel him lean his head over mine to take a nap as well.

As I sleep I hear a loud scuffle and my eyes snap open at the noise to find Polenarff backing away from the barber clutching the sword with a crazed smile.

"H-how?" Polenarff stutters.

"This may be a bad time," I start and then look over at Jotaro, "I told you that there was something going on with that sword!"

"Shut up, Ava," Jotaro growls.

With a speed that doesn't seem natural for the barber he makes his way over to me and grabs me by my hair and holds the blade of the sword to my throat.

"You sure are observant Ava, I wish I was able to seduce you so that I was able to possess such an intelligent host."

"Poor you, but stupid is as stupid does," I sneer as I silently call Whiplash and send the whip through my hair and quickly turn blast my light at the barber causing him to go flying through the front window.

I bring my hands to my hair and look towards the mirror across the room to find my hair that once went to the middle of my back is now to the length of lightly brushing my shoulders.

I look through the broken glass and find Jotaro and Polenarff charging through the opening and sheathing the broken sword. I quickly follow them out and sigh in relief that the barber is no longer possessed and that the sword is properly put away.