Chapter 7~ Right Here

OKAY READ THIS, I might be starting a new story! It’s going to be a fan fiction, but the celebrity is still unknown. If you would like, which celebrity would you want? The plot is still a surprise. I will continue this story, but might put Time Will Only Tell on hold for a little. A LITTLE. Promise it wont last forever. ;)

Oh & Sorry if there are mistakes, couldn't edit to much... Sorry!

It’s Halloween time! (Well, at least in the story, aha,)

______________________________________________

“Why did I agree to this,” my voice dripping with unease and displeasure.

Chantelle and I stood outside the doors of the main entrance to our high school; unaware of the minutes it took for him to appear. I stood pivoted between Chantelle and the door, delaying the tension surging through the air.

After her disappearance of vanishing me with my ex-boyfriend, I refused to recount my attention to her. I camouflaged my displeasure with her into my emotionless stance. I couldn’t feel any emotion, dry almost.

My heart had gone bleak, like metal freezing on a brutal winter day. The rawness from the memories left me consumed in an unknown world of anger. It was thick of hatred thoughts, to revolting to remain safe from my mind. 

Considering tonight happened to be Halloween, I was in need of a good party. There is only so long, until my patients slip, and a new exciting party must happen.

I was eager for the party, even though my urge has grown weaker. My enjoyment of partying had evaporated, leaving myself of bare excitement in my life. Through Justin’s arrival, he managed to sail all my past valuables through a raging storm, leaving me on a deserted island. Lost, and clueless.

Every year, the high school of Stratford throws a Masquerade ball, in theme to Halloween. This party was the one Chantelle and I have counted down for, our excitement rising as the time drew closer.

Chantelle and I got ready together, finding the best masque, picking out the most gleamed one on the shelves that would satisfy her obsession. I, on the other hand, kept to a simple white mask, covering around my eyes with white textures of clear beads.

Her mask screamed every emotion Chantelle expressed; it glimmered in the fierce spotlights, dazzling with sparkles. It was white, but the glow made it slight silver. She wore her favourite florid pink dress that had blossom textures on her upper chest, and a black ribbon wrapping her waist. It was beautiful in her, matching her complexion.

I wore an effortless white dress, which had a heart shape line along the neck, lacing until my waist. It was fitted, and then extended after the waist, dropping with ease to my knees.

Even as excited as I am, the gravity of tension pulled us down. As long as we have been waiting, our disagreement stood between us. As much as I wanted the party, I couldn’t help but fear anxiety when I was in presence of Chantelle.

 “Because you need to see Ryan, ” she mumbled, clearly sensing my aggravation towards her. It wasn’t hard to miss, as it dripped from my expression like molasses.

“Why? You thought it would be perfect if I met up with Justin, but look how that turned out.” I spat back, crossing my arms across my ribcage. I could taste my bitterness, but I controlled my senses, enabling myself to flush out the rage.

“El, I-” she began, but discontinued when a figure appeared from the window of the door. Her eyes were shining bright from the moonlight, and I could sense the hurt in her voice.

I could forgive her, but I couldn’t possibly forget. She knew I couldn’t handle my past, the depression it brought me. I loved him, and no one can heal from that. Through the days we didn’t talk, I realized I needed her. She brought out the possible best of me, and I couldn’t give up a friend like that.