Chapter 8: Last Beat.

[Chapter 8: Last Beat.]

Some people say love can cure anything. Why can't it  cure her then?

Since their day of confession, a week had passed. Everything was perfect, or so it seemed. Makoto sat there, tears streaming down her face. She recalled what the doctor said to her and her family two hours ago.

"Makoto.."The doctor was almost in tears,"You..You will not live.."   Makoto's mother burst out in tears, as did Makoto's father.. Her sister wasn't here though. It was school hours. "We cannot find a heart for you.. You...You will die soon..I-I'm so sorry.."

Masaki, who was standing by the doctor, started to cry as well.

Makoto's eyes widened in fear, tears streaming down her face,"No..."

Makoto sniffled,"No..Why.."She cried, "I want to live.." The tears didn't seem to stop. She glanced her side-table, there was a picture of Takashi and her standing side by side, smiling. "Takashi.." Shakily, she got off of her bed, grabbing a pair of clothes she quickly changed into that white dress she wore on the date.

She recalled Takashi's gentle smile. She cried more.

 She slipped her shoes on, quickly brushing her hair. She grabbed her wallet that was full of money her parents gave her for the vending machine and such, and her phone, then rushed out of the hospital after leaving a note.

She just wanted to see him.

He'd be in the host club right about now.

She stood outside of the hospital, calling a taxi that arrived there in a few minutes, she jumped in,"Take me to Ouran High School..Please.."

Masaki walked into Makoto's room, whistling. "Makoto, I brought you some sweets to cheer you up."She said, holding the sliver tray. She walked in, her tray dropping when she saw Makoto wasn't in her room,"Makoto?" 

She walked up to the girls bed, seeing a note.

I'm going to see him.

-Makoto

In fear , Masaki's eyes widened,"Makoto..!!"She dropped the note, rushing out of the girls room, "Makoto left!"She shouted.

The doctor's eyes widened,"Left?! To where?!"

"I'm not sure. The note just said she was going to see her  boyfriend.."Masaki's eyebrows furrowed in worry. This wasn't like Makoto to just leave..No, It wasn't like her at all.

Makoto finally got to Ouran High School.  "Thank you!"She paid the taxi driver before getting out, closing the door. She rushed into the school. 'Where is the host  club?!' She thought. In the distance she saw a student about to leave. She rushed over to him,"E-Excuse me! Can you please show me to the host club?"

"Err..I'm just about to leave.."The boy replied awkwardly.

"Please..It's really important!"Makoto begged.

"O-Okay..Follow me." The boy spoke, leading Makoto to the room. Once they were there, he quickly ran off to get home. Makoto  shouted, "Thank you!"To the boy before opening the doors, slamming them open.

Everyone in the host club turned to face the girl at the doors. Takashi looked up, his eyes widening a bit when he saw Makoto was the doorway,"Makoto..?"

"Takashi!"Makoto exclaimed, her eyes watering again. She tried to run to him, her legs weakened, causing her to fall on the floor. She let out yelp of pain.