Run away

Jasmine^^^

I ran and ran and ran. I ended up at a bus stop. I wasted no time in buying my ticket. I don't care where this bus is going. It just needs to take me far away from here.

My name is Jasmine but I have everyone call me Jas. I'm 16 and I'm not in high school. My mom kept me home every time my father would beat me. It eventually was to much and I had to quit...

2 months earlier...

I sat in the middle of my bed doing my online classes when I heard a big thud and my mom scream. I instantly popped up and ran downstairs. Of course it was my dad, he just kept kicking my moms lifeless body.

I just sat on the stairs frozen, I didn't know what to do. "STOP please just leave her alone." I got in between them and started pushing him away. He immediately started hitting me and screaming in my face. No matter how angry or hurt I was I knew I couldn't do anything back or it'd be worst. I just hovered over my moms body so she wouldn't feel his hateful blows. He grabbed me by my short hair and threw me into the wall, "MOVE YOU STUPID DYKE BITCH!" He threw me so hard the wall cracked. I saw him walking over to me then everything went black.

I woke up two days later naked on the floor in my room. I get up in a panic, everything was fuzzy. The last thing I could remember is being thrown into a wall then dropped on my floor. I try to get up but I'm in so much pain that I fell back on the floor with a loud thud. My mom came rushing in my room...

"Oh great sweetie you're up. Are you hungry." She said as she helped me on my bed. I was so confused then my dad walked in. The minute I saw him everything came back to me. My memories hit me like a punch to the face. Why would he do that to me. He always beat me I don't remember a time he didn't but he never crossed the line in raping me. I looked at him in horror. I bawled my fists up and started yelling at him. "I can't believe you did that to me." He just looked at me with no expression on his face. "You RAPED ME! I HATE YOU! GET OUT GET OUT OF MY ROOM!" I started breaking down. My mom grabbed me and held me tight trying to comfort me but it was no use. "I can't believe he did that to me mama. Why would he do that to me? His own daughter." My mom pat my back and rocked me. "It's okay he didn't mean it. Let's just forget about it." I pushed her away in disbelief. I can't believe she's sticking up for him. "Honey listen your father loves you he does he just doesn't know how to express that. I'm so sorry he did what he did. But it happened and it's over so let's get over it." I just stared at her with tears in my eyes. "Just get out, get out of my room. Please." She got up and put her hand on the door handle and then turned to me. "Oh and Jasmine remember, what happens in this house stays in this house." Then she left and closed the door.

This kept happening for two months everyday. He would beat me and my mom call me a dyke bitch and then rape me and leave. One night he didn't come back until late and he came into my room with his friends and started beating me. I knew exactly what was going to happen. I fought with everything in me but it was no use they were stronger than me. When I was about to give up my mom came in and beat them all with her old metal bat. She started beating the life out of my dad and his friends. Then she grabbed me and pulled me out of my bed and started throwing my clothes in a bag. She threw the bag at me and grabbed my face. "Run Jasmine go run don't come back!" She pushed me out of the door and I ran to the living room. I couldn't leave her. That's my mom. " No mama I can't leave you come on mama." She shook her head no. "No babygirl you go and leave here's all my money you'll get farther without me. Please Jasmine go he's coming." She pushed me out the house and I started running and I turned around to look back one last time. "I love you." A few stray tears fell and I yelled back, "I love you too mama."

I ran until I got tired, I was exhausted. I bought a ticket and got on a bus and left.

Now....

I sat on the bus dosing off. All I could think about was mama and if she was going to be okay. It wasn't long until I fell asleep.

What felt like two mins on this bus was actually many hours. I felt someone tap me and I jumped up. "Oh I'm sorry miss, but this is my last stop so you kinda have to get off the bus." I nodded and thanked him and left. I have no idea where I am but I get off and start to walk around. I see a small diner across the street. I walk in and sit down in a booth. I can't believe what's happening. I never imagined being able to be free from that monster of a man. I just sat there and dozed in and out of sleep. I get up to leave and I bump into some girl she was a little taller than me but I didn't care I just kept walking. I heard her call me a name but I ignored her.

I decided to sleep on a bench in a park and all of a sudden I heard someone clear their throat. I looked up and saw a black figure. I jumped up full speed only to be knocked out cold.

I woke up in a dark basement or cellar type room. I looked around and then the light was turned on. A girl walked into the light and just stared at me. She started laughing to herself and sat in front of me...

***Rape is not okay. If something happens you should always speak up. Don't let people get in your head and make it feel like your fault. It's never your fault.***